New to the forum have a new 4month old puppy need help please

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hello everyone, just wanted to share with you guys that I had purchased wrigley in december his birthday is october 9. He is almost 5 months now. I have been giving him Diamond puppy food all this time that is what the breeder had him on. There seems to be no problem with him on it, been to the vet 3 times for check-ups, shots and the vet says he is realy healthy, good news and hip. Just wanted to switch to a higher quality puppy food what would you guys suggest? I'm leaning towards fromm but any advice could help thanks alot guys..!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new baby.... :pics:

Did you read the food rating and recommendations articles? It really does give you get information. Currently I do feed Fromm.. but every bully is different and what is great for one may not be good for another. Food is the most important thing to a healthy bully

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Antonio and Wrigley! I hope we get to see some pics of Wrigley soon.

We don't have a puppy so I can't advise you about food choices. We do feed our girl Fromm Beef Frittata though and think Fromm is a great direction to head. just be sure to switch VERY slowly when you do decide to make a change to avoid tummy upset.

Others who have more knowledge will be along to offer more advice and opinion.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Yes I will look into the ratings and food puppy. I appreciate all the info if there are many more let me know thank you

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN . Glad you joined and look forward to seeing pix. Please make sure you do a slow switch when you decide on the new food. If there is a food that sounds interesting to you and you can't find it locally, PetFlow is an online vendor that many here use and they may have it. Anyway, search out the foods maker online and check the ingredients before you decide. Now, about those pix,,,,,, LOL

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
we had Guinness on FROMM puppy gold and he did AWESOME on it. no tear stains, red face or any health problems. Good luck and again post pics :)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Welcome!!

We started Penny on Fromm puppy gold & she did ok on it. I believe it has chicken in it which we have since discovered she is sensitive/allergic to. She would get very watery eyes and oily skin under her arms...she smelled bad. We started on Fromm salmon a la veg and saw an improvement. We recently switched her to the grain free bee fritatta, and she is doing great on it even though it has only been a few weeks. Less eye watering & no more stinky breath.

Every pup is different, so just do your research & know that you may have to try different foods before finding the right one! You are in the right place to ask questions. This board is an invaluable resource when you have a bully!

Now, let's see some pics of this baby!

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Thank you soo much everyone.. still trying to figure out the pic part but will work on it..lol

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
here is a picture of wrigley 041.jpg

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=4338]Antonio Tablante[/MENTION] Being 5 months he doesn't really need to be on puppy food anymore. I'd switch to an all life stages food. Brooklyn had been one an all life stages food since she was weaned. The puppy foods can make bullies gain extra weight and grow too fast which isn't good for their joints. She was on Natural Balance Alpha but we just recently switched to Taste of the Wild (for cost and availability, not due to any issues with NB). Good luck!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4338]Antonio Tablante[/MENTION] if you want sarah to see your question then put it as [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] and she will be tagged and see the post. :yes:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I would have never seen this! [MENTION=4338]Antonio Tablante[/MENTION] Brooklyn just turned one! Time flies, enjoy the time with your baby!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.