Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions needed, switching food...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

We have been thinking about trying earthborn as well. Is the grain free formulas like fromm? Interchangeable without a complete food switch for each flavor ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalkq
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Opinions needed, switching food...

Quote Originally Posted by sheshistory View Post
    I will be interested in hearing your experience if you switch. I am currently feeding NVI LID Lamb and am pretty happy with it but the size of the kibble keeps getting smaller and smaller and I am noticing Linus isn't really wanting to get it all out of his bowl the way a younger dog would and I would prefer they eat something they have to crunch because it helps get tartar off the teeth.
    Just a bit of info..the Earthborne kibble is bigger..like normal sized Kibble! Jake is doing great so far..I think Lisa might be trying it too.???

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

im late but earthborn is good food. id have sarah on it but shes allergic to it and just about every kibble known to man. so yea id go for it if its cheaper than fromm. my feed place is upscaling and they just got some in along with fromm and grandma lucys and some more raw food. its cheaper here to. let us know how it goes if you decide to switch.@Luvin My Bullie im not sure if the grain free is interchangeable. one is high protein and 2 are midrange and 1 is a lower protein more limited ingredient formula. might want to do some kinda lead in but i would think not as much as a new food.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 02-18-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

since the switch to TOTW prairie we've been satisfied, they like it the faces are dry, poop is great, and it cost less then Fromm and NVI

$13 less a bag and also 5 pound more in a bag. Feels like a bargain.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I am going to be following how well you all do with the earthborne .... we're on the Fromm Beef Frittata but for some reason Maggie's tear stains are back ..... ... and apart from that with three bullys on the Fromm now it is starting to get expensive. If I'm going to save money too then it would be an added bonus!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

@sheshistory I've been noticing the kibble is getting smaller and smaller too. They don't finish all of it. Which ends up irritating me b/c its so darn expensive, i don't want them to waste a single kibble! so its good to know the kibble is bigger @JAKEISGREAT, thanks. My dog food guy actually is the one who suggested going to earthborn b/c its cheaper! he's great, he's always giving me samples and treats to try. If only I could find a vet that cared like that. @babybully I've been toying with the idea of raw. I just don't think i'm there yet. I would like to get there though. My dog food guy even says its the best way to feed. I just bought a new bag of nvi lid lamb, so when that is half gone, i'll get a bag of earthborn meadowfeast. It really does seem like similar ingredients so why not
    Last edited by LillyNBruin; 02-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Okay..something I've just been noticing in the last few days. Jake's coat is sooo soft! It has always been coarse and dry..with sooo much shedding. I started to realize his coat was baby soft and the shedding is noticeably less. It has to be the change in food..nothing else has changed! And he is still at 3/4 new and 1/4 old! I'm thrilled!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads