For anyone that feeds Natural Balance, consumer complaints

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow shame on you natural balance whatever you changed and didnt inform people. makes me so upset they can change something and dont have to put it on the bag for like 6 months. gosh i hope all these dogs and cats will be ok. i almost put my cat on it the alpha one:eek:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] Thank you for the info as I feed NB LID Salmon and Sweet Potato formula. I have never had a problem with Mocha and thank God she has done super . I switch her food one with NV once in a while throughout the year and of course mix with other fresh foods for variety.
I havent notice anything with Mocha , but I will keep a watchfull eye on her for anything out of the norm.

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I fed this to mine back in August. It gave their poop cat urine smell. I now wonder if that contributed to my foster getting so sick..

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I dont know. But I tell you that Mocha has never regurgatated, her bowels are great , never had allergy problems, she is not gassy at all. She never did good with other foods I introduced during her first 8 months of live.

I wonder maybe it was just a particular batch of food.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I have to agree with LisaMarie. I have been feeding Tonka NB Sweet Potato and Salmon for about 5 months now and he has been doing great. No itching/bumps on the skin, very little gas, firm and healthy looking stools, plenty of energy! Seeing these consumer complaints worries me but I hesitate to switch since he's doing so well and we have had no issues.

Did they for sure change the formula of the food in some way or is this speculation? Perhaps it was a bad or contaminated batch or maybe these animals were getting sick from something else. There are so many other explanations as far as treats and environmental factors and really anything an animal comes into contact with. I guess i'm wondering if this is something serious where they are advising us to quit this food cold turkey or simply to be cautious. I am sure there are issues and complaints with many different foods to some extent.

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
All I can say is if you buy a bag and the color is off and its greasy dont feed it. Im hoping it was just the batch from six months ago. Thats when I had issues with it.

There are always some sort of food recall going on. So many I cant keep up with.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
These two have been on either Bison/Sweet Potato or (currently) Duck/Potato LID and with zero issues. Natural Balance is the most stable food for them and their nutritional needs so far and I've tried a few!

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
I have Hank on Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet Potato now...might be changing because of a feet licking issue but other than that his facial acne seems to be getting a little better on the NB...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online