Yet another food change question

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Ok, I mis-judged, I thought I had enough NVI to do a complete food change, I am running short and need your opinions

I started last week and did 1/4 Earthborn Holistic Grain Free to 3/4 NVI, I did this for 6 days, a little gassy but not to bad, now he is on day 3 of 1/2 and 1/2, he has enough NVI to last about 3 more days.

Question....Should I go buy another small bag of NVI to keep Vegas on a slow change or should I just switch in 3 days to 1 full cup of the new instead of doing 3/4 new to 1/4 NVI???? His poop is looking good, but that was never an issue. What do you think???

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] i would go ahead and tomorrow do the 3/4 new to 1/4 old till its gone. if hes ok then fine if not you can always go and buy another bag of nvi to make a longer switch. hes been on the new for like 9 days now already so im thinking he will be fine.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I really think he will be OK too, stools are firm, he really was only gassy when Joe fed him a full cup instead of 1/4. I will do the 3/4 tomorrow and watch his stools, and of course my nose witll let me know if he is gassy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm on board with everyone else... any issue would have presented itself by now

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I agree too. Thats what I just did with the babies.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hey!!! We can't ALL agree... just wouldn't be right! LOL

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I disagree.

I think it would be better for you if you give your bully 2 extra helpings of butt rubbings a day starting immediately instead of the 3/4:1/4 butt and ear rubbings they're all suggesting here. It's just not enough for bullys really to just get 3/4 of a butt rubbing... trust me on that. It's really okay if your bully passes gas while getting a butt rub. The smell doesn't last too long. You can always just open up a window and run the ceiling fan.

Okay, sorry. My husband has been telling me for over 14 years that I fell asleep while God was handing out sense-of-humor. I always just thought I have it here somewhere and just misplaced it. I had a lot more to say but I think Becky is going to kick me for making another long post.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I disagree.

I think it would be better for you if you give your bully 2 extra helpings of butt rubbings a day starting immediately instead of the 3/4:1/4 butt and ear rubbings they're all suggesting here. It's just not enough for bullys really to just get 3/4 of a butt rubbing... trust me on that. It's really okay if your bully passes gas while getting a butt rub. The smell doesn't last too long. You can always just open up a window and run the ceiling fan.

Okay, sorry. My husband has been telling me for over 14 years that I fell asleep while God was handing out sense-of-humor. I always just thought I have it here somewhere and just misplaced it. I had a lot more to say but I think Becky is going to kick me for making another long post.

:ROFL: ​There She Is!! :ROFL: Been waiting! :laugh:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Ummm..:shhhh: today is the 16th! Two whole days ago!!

14th is Valentine's Day, then 15th is Valentine's Day Hang-over... :D
Hey, you don't get the 15% discount from Edible Arrangements until the 16th! That's tells us something...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.