NEW Avo-Derm Natural - "Revolving Menu" (TM) - New Food Trial

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], no Becky didnt talk me into it I just did alot of reading and was trying to find a food that I could buy locally. I did ask her questions about the food. and NO I have not gotten him tested, I am a BAD mom!! It just seems like every weekend we are busy doing something in the house. I have got to make that a priority. It is a constant battle with him. I already know it is going to be enviromental. I did the food change well, just to change and see if there was a difference, he was on NVI for almost 2 years.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@cowsmom , no Becky didnt talk me into it I just did alot of reading and was trying to find a food that I could buy locally. I did ask her questions about the food. and NO I have not gotten him tested, I am a BAD mom!! It just seems like every weekend we are busy doing something in the house. I have got to make that a priority. It is a constant battle with him. I already know it is going to be enviromental. I did the food change well, just to change and see if there was a difference, he was on NVI for almost 2 years.
well i thought maybe a change for him since he still had some face issues but i thought hes doing lots betters why rock the boat. i cannot tell you how much a difference it has made to get sarah tested. i dont have to guess or hold my breath when i feed her something. some things i knew about and some things i thought she was allergic shes not. just a thought as i know you have had a time with him. also good luck on the house. its coming along beautifully.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], his face has not gotten better it has gotten worse, but then again our pollen count was 9's and 10 all week!! We need rain bad!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
And I thought it was just my boyfriend who couldn't handle feeding correctly. haha We were at 3/4 new (TOTW) and 1/4 old (Natural Balance) and I had work early and they slept in with him so he fed them. We were almost out of the old food so I had texted him asking if they were on all new food now. And he was like "Yep!". And I come home and there's still food in the Natural Balance bag. :cursing:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
And I thought it was just my boyfriend who couldn't handle feeding correctly. haha We were at 3/4 new (TOTW) and 1/4 old (Natural Balance) and I had work early and they slept in with him so he fed them. We were almost out of the old food so I had texted him asking if they were on all new food now. And he was like "Yep!". And I come home and there's still food in the Natural Balance bag. :cursing:
yep sounds about right

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
No worries... you already gave me my advice! :tongue:
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I'm glad you're so confident! I have every belief I'm going to be asking her for more suggestions down the road.....this food thing is a moving target!

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], Earthborn Holistic, Great Plains Feast. Yea, I slept in Friday Morning and Joe fed. around noon I started smelling road kill gas, and I ask Joe if he had fed Vegas anything he should'nt have, he said "No I just gave him 1 cup of the new food you got :eek:"
@KMmarino - so far that's what I've noticed with this new food: gas. Audible on Bo (think "lawnmower") and Bea's is like Toxic Nuclear Waste Gas.

They love the taste though!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama - I'm glad you're so confident! I have every belief I'm going to be asking her for more suggestions down the road.....this food thing is a moving target!

Not sure I'd called it confident more like... thinking positive so I don't have to do another change

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - thinking positive. I like that.

Well, I was trying to think positive, but I don't think this stuff is going to work for the dynamic duo here. Audible, nuclear gas isn't probably a good thing for the long term. hahahaha Now they're both tootin' around here like a couple of locomotives.

We'll finish out the bag....but I think this one's a 'no go'. Maybe I'll try the trout next time as my Gastronomical Goddess friend [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] has suggested. :D

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
That's a bummer to hear this didn't work for you...it looked like a good food! Ahhh food is so frustrating.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Interested to see how this food works for you ... I've never heard of the revolving diet!!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I've posted in another thread about Bo having head tremors for the first time last night. Could the small bag of Avo-Derm we just tried be related to this event? Maybe! Many folks posted that diet "fixed" the issue and our new friends from Germany shared about these head tremors being a Vitamin B deficiency. A couple of days ago, I abandoned the new food and went back to "what works" (Nature's Balance LID Duck/Potato) in the biggest bag they sell. Their taste buds might be bored (my concern - not theirs) but at least there's no hives or other nonsense.....just those hideous tear stains I hate so much....*sigh*

Anyway - END Avo-Derm experiment. It's ovah.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im sorry it didnt work out for you. yes head tremors would scare me back into old food quick esp if i thought it was the food. well hon there is always another day to try something else. :hug:

Members online

No members online now.