Peanut butter kong and a throwing up bullie

GraciesMomma

Jan 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Lou
Maybe someone can help ! We got our Gracie a kong and filled it with the kong peanut butter. Right as we get home she's going to town on it and we than take a break to feed her. She eats her meal and drinks water. As she goes to her toy (half an hour later) we see her throw up her water and it's all out of her nose with mucus. Could it be the peanut butter? Possibly an allergic reaction? Or just a puppy that ate too fast? I need to know if I should be extremely concerned, thanks.

Graciesmomma

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would pull the peanut butter for now..... it does sound like she may have eaten too much and/or drank too much or all too fast, but since the PB is new to her (I am assuming) eliminate that and she if she throws up again or not

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would just watch her very closely. If she throws up again, and if it's associated w/lethargy, listlessness, no appetite then get her to the vet asap. But puppies throw up every now and then and maybe she just ate too fast, or too much, or just got over excited. Has she had p-butter b4? i do not know what is in the Kong p-butter but i'm guessing there are other ingreds besides peanuts?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Call me if she has any more episodes, could be what is in the kong stuff. May have been too much of a bad thing. She may have swallowed a bunch of air while chewing on the kong, followed by food and water, could have made her throw up....

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=4052]GraciesMomma[/MENTION] Was it the peanut butter easy treat (in an aerosol can) or the real peanut butter stuff'n (in a squeeze tube)? The one in the can is full of all sorts of garbage. Frankie came with some when we adopted him and it went directly in the garbage can. The real peanut butter one isn't bad, but I still prefer to use just the all natural human peanut butter and smear it in with a butter knife. The dogs actually have their own jar so I don't have to worry about double dunking after putting some in the kong.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
pigged out!!,dont feed for 12 hours given hes only a pup,no more peanut butter,fiil the kong with nice fresh minced beef perhaps,karen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.