dust mites
TREES
willow
box elder/maple
walnut
sycamore
birch
anyway you get the idea. they gave me a list of foods to feed
um iams nutro eukanueba science diet ewwww.
ive been looking at food for the last 2 hours with not much luck. sure i can find some but not thrilled with the low protein and such. now i have a project for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... dust and dust mites --- UGH!!

As usual, the list of food is that crappy stuff they get paid to sell/push. You should have a good amount of foods to choose form... nothing in her list seems too average except for the potatoes, right?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Whoa nelly,
now what? anxious to see the "good" news

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well actually with peas and potatos and some grains and throw in alfalfa and kelp and well its a project. most grain free foods have either peas or potato and the grain foods have alfalfa and kelp and oats and lets not forget cheese and cottage cheese is out to. im probably going to get some natural balance lamb and rice till i can find something else for her. i have found another food but will have to order it. ive got my work cut out for me. dont forget the pork to grrr. looking like raw for babygirl.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
well actually with peas and potatos and some grains and throw in alfalfa and kelp and well its a project. most grain free foods have either peas or potato and the grain foods have alfalfa and kelp and oats. im probably going to get some natural balance lamb and rice till i can find something else for her. i have found another food but will have to order it. ive got my work cut out for me. dont forget the pork to grrr. looking like raw for babygirl.

AH crap :eek: I did not think of that -- she is allergic to what they replace the other stuff with. damn, damn, damn!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@2BullyMama dont forget the cheese and cottage cheese is out to because of the milk :cry:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilsons allergy test results also gave me "Dietary Recommendations." It listed a lot of Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet and some others that were recommended for Wilson. And of all those the only dry foods I found acceptable are NVI LID Turkey, NVI Duck Meal & Turkey Meal Formula and Solid Gold Mmillenia Beef & Barley Food.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] tell me about it i looked at the list and was like :barf: to most of it. i was excited as i thought oh yea nvi limited ingredient then i looked and it has peas. im not happy that the food list on this test is not more extensive. but i have a start.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've scoured my list at least 5 times and then I get discouraged. Wilsons getting bored of his NVI Turkey so when he gets to about half a bag I'm switching him over to the Mmillenia Beef & Barley and hope he likes the change. He doesn't like duck flavored anything.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Oh wow that's a big list.. Trees! Just wondering what is the accuracy % of these tests and any chance a false positive?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=3904]Poppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] told me it was about 65% accurate but it's definitely a good guide for allergic pets

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] whooooaa that's a lot of stuff! Let us know if you find any good food for her. You can go raw! Chicken is on sale very often and you can get chicken quarters for 49cents a lb. I know you will find a good food for her :) you are an awesome bully-momma

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...that's what I was thinking....we have an overabundance of house dust!

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...well...at least you have the results now and have a direction to go. It can only get better from here :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@JAKEISGREAT its not housedust but dust mites it was listed under that catagory on the report which is why it was capitalized. sorry to give you hives also from thinking about it. omg she would die cause i have me some dust to :yes:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I'm allergic to dust mites too. Must be a Sarah thing...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.