Fresh Veggies

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Does your bully like veggies? If so what are their favorites? Are there any that should be avoided?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many members give veggies as treats..... some I've read are green beans, carrots. Other members will be along to give you some tips

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She seems to enjoy broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini. Frozen seems to make her happy, she gets a toy and something to eat. I offered her some apple but she doesn't seem to like that. It's weird because I had offered her room temp carrot sticks and she refused them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She seems to enjoy broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini. Frozen seems to make her happy, she gets a toy and something to eat. I offered her some apple but she doesn't seem to like that. It's weird because I had offered her room temp carrot sticks and she refused them.

The cold from the frozen veggies may feel good on her teeth

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Maybe the frozen veggies soothe her puppy teeth and that's why she loves em'?

I don't know of veggies/fruits they can't have (in small amounts) besides apple pits, raisins, and onions.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Lol, didn't get that far in the slide show!! That's a bit cheeky of them.

Off to make Poppy and Bunk a cappuccino....;)

Danny Nystrand

Jan 5, 2012
Destin, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mighty Samson
As far as raw fruits and veggies go, anything other than the things listed already to avoid are great. I get fresh fruits and veggies, chop them up and freeze them in a large freezer zip-loc for treats for Samson and loves them. The bag in my freezer now currently contains blueberries, pineapple, apple, celery, carrots, green beans, and broccoli. I usually give him a piece or 2 every time we come in from a walk or as a treat mid day if seems hungry and its not dinner time yet. I also give him no grain dog treats from time to time but the fruits and veggies actually end up being way cheaper than the treats and they're healthy. Plus, I like to think that it's a nice break from those top shelf, high protein dog foods we all feed our bullies.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Franks favorites: (either fresh or frozen) green beans, peas, carrots, blueberries, apple (no skin), bell peppers. He loves standing under me when I am chopping carrots or bell peppers because he knows he will make out like a bandit!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
we do green beans and greek yougart .. Im a little behind on this and need to get better at finding treats for my babies ..

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I haven't found anything that Rook will not eat (fruits/veggies or otherwise). He loves his frozen green beans and apple chunks. He also LOVES lettuce. He pretty much demands his own little salad whenever we are preparing one with our dinner. He will wake from a dead sleep if he hears a leaf pulled from a head of lettuce. :)

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't found anything that Rook will not eat (fruits/veggies or otherwise). He loves his frozen green beans and apple chunks. He also LOVES lettuce. He pretty much demands his own little salad whenever we are preparing one with our dinner. He will wake from a dead sleep if he hears a leaf pulled from a head of lettuce. :)
That just gave me such a cute visual.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You know I think these dogs are eating way better and healthier than we are. :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.