How much kibble (fromm) for puppies

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Aldo and Katara have started fromm kibble. It says to feed them 1 3/4 cups acc to their weight. But since they are growing pups I know I have to give them more. How much? I am limiting Kataras intake to prevent another aspiration episode and mixing it with water, pumpkin or yogurt. Thanks!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I had read that on here. But i still have to feed extra or no? 1 3/4 cups a day seems too little for them! Maybe I'm overfeeding them :S

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
How old are they now? I forget.. ;) Im thinking 3/4 cup, 3 times a day but hope someone who has used it for similar aged pups chimes in.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We fed Frank about 3/4 cup three times a day. Plus a little more because we used it for training. Plus assorted veggies and fruit for snacks too. Good thing the little piggy was active.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
wonderful [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] thank you! I fed Aldo 1 full cup this morning and Katara 2/3 (she can't get full) I guess I need to cut down Aldo to 3/4 and leave Kat the same or maybe a little less

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would go with 1.5 c twice a day at their age. No need to break it into 3 feedings anymore :) Samson and Remy are about 4 months and they get 1 1/4 twice a day, but they are on Fromm Puppy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
And if their poos get soft, cut it back by just 1/4 cup. I actually estimate the feeding amounts by poop! lol

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] really? Wonderful! I am doing the happy dance right now! Thank you! I've been waiting for 6 months to cut down the 3rd feeding. I'm so excited!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I started Wilson on a twice a day feeding at about 3 months of age due to me working. I was free feeding him but wasn't comfortable leaving food for him with no one home. He did great on twice a day at that age.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.