Another food question!!

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
I am feeding Bruno Fromm 4 Star Salmon a La Veg. Is it OK to change to another flavour occasionally? I don't want him getting bored with eating salmon. As far as we know he doesn't have any allergies. Is it best to stay away from the grain free? Just in case the dreaded allergy day arrives.

Also, if he can change flavours, do I need to do the transition period?

Apologies if I have repeated a question that has been asked many times, this food business just confuses the hell out of me.

IMG_1171.jpg

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
With Fromm you can change flavors with no transition. Hope this helps

OP
BrunosMum

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
Thanks Laurie, I didn't think I needed to do the transition.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bruno is adorable, by the way. Love that look in the pic.

No transition when switching flavors is (supposed to be) the beauty in those Fromm products. Unless your pup doesn't do well with the other protein in the new flavor, you're good to go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
One of the great things with Fromm --- no transition needed

OP
BrunosMum

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
Thanks Vicaroo & 2BullyMama, that's what I thought. I want to give him a bit of variety with his food.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It's not just Fromm. In most good quality dog foods, you don't have to transition when you change flavors within the same formula. For example - if you're staying within the Fromm Four-Star formula you can switch flavors any time without having to go through a transition, even between with-grain and grain-free items - of course, this is if your dog is not allergic to the different protein sources.

The thing you need to be careful with is when you change to a different formula even within the same brand. For example, going from Fromm Four-Star to Fromm Gold, you might need to go a little slowly to transition. But, if the dog food contains probiotics, you have a better chance to transition quicker when switching formula within the same brand. Both Fromm Four-Star and Fromm Gold contains the same kinds of probiotics, so you have a higher chance of not having issues with a quicker transition.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
BrunosMum

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
Thanks Anatess, you post has helped me alot. I will be sticking with the Fromm Four-Star, as I like the variety of flavours.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Hi Everyone, So i know you mentioned Fromm you can switch flavours, but can you also switch with Acana? does anyone know? Right now i have sumo on the lamb and apple and want to switch her over the pacifica. can i do it when i reach the end of this bag? Let me know!

Thankssumo.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.