I'm making pupcakes!!

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Hi all, i'm planning to make puppy cupcakes for boo, which type of flour is better to make the batter? All porpose or whole wheat. Or is there some safer type of flour i could use?

Thanks!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am sure both are fine unless Boo is allergic to wheat or you have Boo on grain free. Alternatively, you could make little cheesecakes (without the sugar) using cream cheese, eggs, and even shredded carrot or mashed banana in them.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There is a recipe on here for pupcakes somewhere!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
You can use ground rice flour too. When I made Matildas, I got a yellow cake mix. On the ingredients I used the eggs and water and put a can of pumpkin in it. It was yummy for us both. :heart:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
[MENTION=3100]wautersa[/MENTION] - I mix in a bowl: 8 oz softened cream cheese and 1 egg. To this I will add 1/2 cup shredded carrots (water squeezed out). Other alternatives are a 1/2 cup mashed banana or some chopped apples. I use a muffin pan and line with paper muffin cups. Fill each one halfway.

Bake at 350 for about 15 or so minutes, then let cool. It is a fun little treat!

Something else you can do is crumble up some of their favorite doggie treats and sprinkle in the bottom of the muffin liner as a "crust".

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi all, i'm planning to make puppy cupcakes for boo, which type of flour is better to make the batter? All porpose or whole wheat. Or is there some safer type of flour i could use?

Thanks!

yes, I have seen recipes for dogs using ground rice flour, I find it in the health food section of the grocery store.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Anyone have pics of some of these pupcakes? They sound so cute.

Thanks [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] - I like your thinking of eliminating the grains completely by making cheesecakes. I might have to try it out!

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
IMG_1049.jpg

[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] : I finally made them last night.... The pups love them!!!!! Thank you sooooo much!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
View attachment 16951

[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] : I finally made them last night.... The pups love them!!!!! Thank you sooooo much!

[MENTION=3100]wautersa[/MENTION] HRH said to tell you she will be right over. :cooking: her minions never make her anything that good.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online