Carrots and diarrhea?

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I'm going crazy with this food thing. But I read a lot people feeding their bullies carrots as snack but Elli seems to be having the worst diarrhea with them. Anyone else experience this?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
well carrots aren't digestible, for dogs or humans. Too many may give soft stools, however his food should keep it firm and keep from the runs. Stop the carrots for a couple days and see if he does better. You can put some pumpkin in his food, 100% pumpkin, no pie filling. That will also help get him back on track. When back on track, one or two carrots a day shouldn't be bad.

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]

It's actually not even one carrot we feed... I get the chips and cut one chip into three chunks( size of a dime) she eats them up and then later it's eww.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
That's really strange. The carrots shouldn't do that (if anything they should just come out the other end in chunks...sorry for THAT picture). Still, we can never tell what our bullies will be allergic to. I agree with [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] though.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Her little system may not can handle the carrots. There are other veggies and fruits to give her. Mine like blueberries, apple, banana, green beans, and carrots.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I give Mocha carrots, but not everyday. When I do give her some I grate them and mix them with her food.Maybe you shouldnt give her carrots everyday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Bella'sMom

It's actually not even one carrot we feed... I get the chips and cut one chip into three chunks( size of a dime) she eats them up and then later it's eww.

It is possible she is allergic to them... strange, I know, but I do know a Cane Corse that is allergic and get the :poo: whenever he eats them

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would stop feeding them if they do that to her. there are so many other good things to feed that i dont think her not getting this one thing will hurt. i cant give sarah cheese as she is allergic to it so i dont give it to her. she eats bananas and sometimes green beans so its not biggie to me that she cant have it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.