Ok, got Fromms beef frittata, tell me about to use during the switch...lol

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
Ok, I've been feeding the Blue Buffalo turkey and potato and while we are waiting on vet, I went ahead and took lots of your advice, and settled on the Fromms beef frittata since they've never gotten beef as a protein form....been down the lamb, turkey, salmon and fish route... They are 2 and 3 and Teddy is a chubby so I have cut them to one feeding in the am, they just aren't very active at all...lol I had to cut way down from the Calif. Nat'ls that was prior to to kinds of the Blue Buffalo....Teddy gets about a cup and 3/4 in the morning....mid morning, so its not early....like they get fed about 10...late today tho! Tootsie get 2 and 1/2 cups..... SO.....do I just do 1/4 a cup of the Fromms, and for how long....etc....all brands suggest something different....I don't want more troubles! Like I said, we can't find an RX on the pharmacy computer for this crazy food problems! I have also had several PM's on pricing for pharm. grade supps, and custom supps for every condition, and I can promise my bulldog friends we do everything in hospital sterile conditions, not mass production like alot of commercial supps, that really don't have enough mg's to treat a condition, and use all natural whenever possible, feel free to ask for prices and how you'd like it made or flavored, we have great supps for arthritis, show supps for weight and hair coats, etc. I'm putting mine back on the pharm. grade skin supp now that I know after eliminating everything, that its the food....they'd never had anything like this til the turkey and potato, skin wise, and more tooting, used to it was runny poop and gas, but they had awesome hair and skin.....geeezzzzz LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The switch should take 14-20 days... 1/4 cup new with 3/4 old (1 cup total) for about 4 or 5 days... then 1/2 and 1/2 4 or 5 days and then 3/4 new to 1/4 old.... get it?

OP
bullyloverforlife

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
The switch should take 14-20 days... 1/4 cup new with 3/4 old (1 cup total) for about 4 or 5 days... then 1/2 and 1/2 4 or 5 days and then 3/4 new to 1/4 old.... get it?

Yes, that sounds like a plan. I've only been feeding them once a day since Teddy got so overweight on Blue, he gets 1 3/4 cup in the am, and Tootsie 2 1/2 in am....Jake was saying no more than 2 cups of this Fromms total, which is easy to do, but would you go back to twice a day? I just figured since they are out during the day and most active then, still not too much, that the afternoon feeding and their couch potato mode all evening was just turning to fat...lol They don't like going out early in the am when its colder, so they play possum and sleep in....they don't usually have their breakfast til around 10.. before I got all the answers, I just gave a 1/4 of a cup and then added the Blue to make the total they usually get...so I'll adjust, don't think I overdid it yet...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, that sounds like a plan. I've only been feeding them once a day since Teddy got so overweight on Blue, he gets 1 3/4 cup in the am, and Tootsie 2 1/2 in am....Jake was saying no more than 2 cups of this Fromms total, which is easy to do, but would you go back to twice a day? I just figured since they are out during the day and most active then, still not too much, that the afternoon feeding and their couch potato mode all evening was just turning to fat...lol They don't like going out early in the am when its colder, so they play possum and sleep in....they don't usually have their breakfast til around 10.. before I got all the answers, I just gave a 1/4 of a cup and then added the Blue to make the total they usually get...so I'll adjust, don't think I overdid it yet...

Since they are low activity, i would do twice a day -- 1 cup in AM and 1cup in PM.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

also, you can add green beans once you get the transition done, do 1/2 green beans and 1/2 kibble to get his weight down. Banks was 70lbs at one point and we needed her down to 60 -- about a two months of that mix and she was down to 60lbs. Has held at that for 5 years now.

OP
bullyloverforlife

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
Since they are low activity, i would do twice a day -- 1 cup in AM and 1cup in PM.

I'm soooo paranoid about changing their feeding schedule at the same time as their food, I don't want them sick in the night....but if ya'll think its ok, and maybe they are gassier with all their food in the am, I'll try it. Since Teddy just gets a lil less than 2 cups per day, I'll just give a tiny bit less in am, and Tootsie will be right now then for the amount of 2 cups. Already too late today tho......I swear, I'm a basket case......lol What treats if any besides Jake's green beans do ya'll all give for later on....not giving them anything til this is complete and ok, but for future notice....lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm soooo paranoid about changing their feeding schedule at the same time as their food, I don't want them sick in the night....but if ya'll think its ok, and maybe they are gassier with all their food in the am, I'll try it. Since Teddy just gets a lil less than 2 cups per day, I'll just give a tiny bit less in am, and Tootsie will be right now then for the amount of 2 cups. Already too late today tho......I swear, I'm a basket case......lol What treats if any besides Jake's green beans do ya'll all give for later on....not giving them anything til this is complete and ok, but for future notice....lol

I give grain free treats... Fruitables (pumpkin/apple/blueberry/cranberry) lots of people do baby carrots. I also but 'Real Meats' they are a little pricey, but the bag lasts a loong time cause you can break them into really small pieces.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
To maintain HRH at 40 lb she gets 3/4 cup morning and night Fromm Beef Frittata. Plus a heaping spoonfull of greek yogurt with the morning meal. A s well as a fish oil and cranberry capsule. Early morning treat is and half a banana. (or more depending on how much daddy eats) two or three times a day after outside trips she gets grain free low fat treats from Blue.
She is not active and at one point put on a couple pounds when she got a full cup. So that's why she gets 3/4 cup now.

OP
bullyloverforlife

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
Ok, we did 1/4 cup for 3 days, and have done 1/2 cup for 3 days , and today was the first day for 3/4 ......made up the rest of the amount they get with the old food. I haven't started feeding twice a day yet, because they just don't want to go out when its really cold and right now it gets dark pretty early, so they get their meal mid-morning. That way they go out when its warmed up to potty, and stay out if its nice, then they go out quickly to potty before bed. I am afraid to add anything else to their diet until the switch is complete so I will know if the Fromms helps. Tootsie still has bad eye goobers and pimples and redness on face and betw. paws, Teddy seems much better, hair growing back from acute skin "stuff" only has one new tiny spot where the "plug" was and we've treated him for all skin allergies. I just wondered how long til we start seeing less gas and skin outbreaks, mostly Toot...who is still licking her paws and her like I said, her face is just raw red bumpy still. Still doing the antihistimines, don't really think they help much tho, applying some aloe to Toots mug and betw. toes. I know its only been a week, and I'm impatient....lol....they still are getting more of the old food, so I should just take a breath I guess!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.