Can I feed my bully GUAVAS?

etxph0nehome

Jan 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
L.E.
I have a guava tree in my backyard and guavas have been falling from it lately. I caught my bulldog L.E. munching on one. She eats the inside only and leaves the skin. She can't get enough of them and runs away with one in her mouth because she knows that I'll take it from her. I havent seen any side effects yet....so

Is this safe for her?
Possibly a minimal amount?
or none at all?
IMG_2821.jpg

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=3988]etxph0nehome[/MENTION] I have read that guavas are fine, but I do remember a story of a dog getting really bad diarrhea from eating too much guava, so watch out for that.

OP
etxph0nehome

etxph0nehome

Jan 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
L.E.
i tried doing some research on different fruits, but there isn't really much info on guavas...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yeah, that is tough since there isn't much out there. I know the seeds or pits of many fruits are poisonous, but maybe if she is just eating the flesh is okay. We used to have a wild plum tree that I was constantly picking up the fruit so Frank wouldn't eat it (I was really worried he might accidentally ingest a pit).

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jack had a healthy amount of Guava cake for his birthday two nites ago .......
So far, no funny side effects....

Jack's Bday1.jpg

I

ImAGuinneyPig

iKibble says "Guavas may cause your pup to poop a lot. Be cautious and don't feed too much of this fruit to your dog"

Seems to me that it is not bad or poisonous, but too much can cause a lot of #2, and I would guess it wouldn't be of the firm varietal either.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.