OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
You guys have been a great help. [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION] the potato allergy pretty much rules out Natural Balance.

[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] you are right, food issues are a royal pain!

Earthborn Holistic Great Plains and their Meadow Feast look like they'll work along with Natures Variety Limited ingredient Lamb.

Thanks for the help with this.

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I just ordered NVI Limited ingredient Lamb from petflow. The protein is 29% which should be okay. If that doesn't work I'll try Earthborn Great Plains! Thank you so much for your help!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus is on NVI LID Lamb Meal, and also the NV Frozen Raw Diet, and he looks alot better than when he was on TOTW, Fromm, Wellness and a plethora of other kibble formulas ......

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] thanks for the reassurance; the other foods have such a high protein % I was afraid of them. Mack is eight and a half!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh poor Mack. So glad you got the test done. I did it for Wilson and will redo it in a year or so as he grows up. He's highly allergic to chicken. Finding the right food is a pain alrighty. I've learned so much but I still have so much more to learn. Wilson's on his third food change already. He's doing pretty good now and he's watery eyes have tamed down quite a bit over the last few weeks to my surprise since he's finished his transition.

Keep us posted. What kind of problems was Mack having before? I may have just missed it if you already posted it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY COW.... thank goodness you did the test --- guess he will be having steak for dinner every night and salmon for breakfast!

I would avoid both brown/white rice and white/sweet potato.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thanks for the tags [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] i was not feeling well so i just responded to this in a pm to alice. we have spoken about her food issues and i hope the nvi does the trick if not we will find something else. good luck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.