Mack Has Food Allergies

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack's allergy test results are back and he is seriously allergic to corn, chicken, milk, rice, pork, and potato. Being allergic to rice, does that mean both white and brown rice? Being allergic to potato, would that include sweet potato? I haven't talked to the vet yet, but he e-mailed me Mack's results. I have a call in to the nutritionist at Fromm, but I couldn't find any of their kibble that didn't have at least 1 thing he isn't supposed to have. I also checked Blue Buffalo and 1 of their longevity kibble was close. So I'm just wondering if any of you have suggestions. Thanks from Mack and me!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww! Man! Poor Mack! I'm going to tag [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...she is a whiz with ingredients. I'm just getting ready to change Jake to Earthborn Holistic..grain free..no potatoe..the great plains feast flavor..bison is protein. she will have an idea!

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]. I'll check out Earthborn and see if there is kibble without those 6 ingredients!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Finding the right food is a Royal Pain. Smartest thing one can do is get that allergy test done. My Wilson had it done and now he's on NVI Limited Ingredient Turkey but unfortunately his allergies seem to be environmental as well.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I am in the process of switching Watson from fromm beef to Nature's variety instinct salmon meal. It is grain free and potato free. It doesn't have anything on your list except pork. I think the beef and lamb one may fit the bill for you.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with [MENTION=3872]Loganbeere[/MENTION] - NVI might work. I used the NVI Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb formula and a quick scan of the bag reveals none of the items you mention above. I've had excellent luck with NVI and would recommend it.

I am glad Mack will soon be on the road to good health - thanks to your diligence!

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2194]buffalobabie[/MENTION] I had the blood test done for food allergies.

[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3872]Loganbeere[/MENTION] I googled NVI and think it might work, too! I've looked at so many ingredient lists they are all running together, but I think one has tapioca which could be milk??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@buffalobabie I had the blood test done for food allergies.

@sheshistory and @Loganbeere I googled NVI and think it might work, too! I've looked at so many ingredient lists they are all running together, but I think one has tapioca which could be milk??

Jake had a horrible reaction to NVI. Not sure why...I know chicken is a no no...but thought salmon was ok...it has clay in it too...some dogs have constipation problems on it..although most really do well on it. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can give you some pointers. There are a lot of new organic foods out too. Too much information!!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I think tapioca is a starch. I am switching Watson to it to firm up his stools. Seems to be working although I noticed he has been farting more.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Not sure what exactly tapioca falls in but it's definitely not dairy. It looks like some sort of legume, but it can also be a starch.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] have you looked into Natural Balance LID grain free ?? I have Mocha on this and it works so good for her. They have a whole line with many flavors. I have given Mocha other Limited ingridients food and they just does not compare to Natural Balance.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Oh Mack is allergic to potatos too! I have to say that NB LID has been good to Mocha. But Mocha is not allergic to Potatos.She is allergic to chicken.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh Mack is allergic to potatos too! I have to say that NB LID has been good to Mocha. But Mocha is not allergic to Potatos.She is allergic to chicken.

I know ALL jakes brothers are on Natural Balance and they do great on it! I actually think he is the only one of them allergic o chicken! Lucky Us! :bang:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online