Can't find canned pumpkin?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I don't know if it's just in my part of the country, or everywhere, but I can't get canned pumpkin for Gertie here. I was told the crop in March had a fungus, so no one has any. I called around and Trader Joe's told me that we can get the same benefits from canned sweet potato puree. So I'll be checking into this. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone else looking for pumpkin.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks Julie! I would not think sweet potato puree would have as much fiber in it. But I could be wrong. Let us know what you find out!

I have some canned pumpkin here if you really want some, I can ship if you can reimburse me? Let me know :)

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Yeah I went and got her about 25 cans this summer at the Marketplace. They were $2.50 a can because of the freeze, and that was the only place I could find them. I am sure we have plenty left.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep none here in southern cali either. I have also heard from the freeze the crops were destroyed so after fall passed that was it. This year i will be stockng up on tons and I am sure the stores will be looking atme like I am crazy but oh well. :) Have never heard that about sweet potatoes and it is good to know if in fact it works similarly. If not it is good for them anyhow.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I was just going on what the gal at Trader Joe's said. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about. I figured it would be better than nothing til the next pumpkin crop.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.