Anyone familiar w/ Dogswell Nutrisca???

Danny Nystrand

Jan 5, 2012
Destin, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mighty Samson
So I've
been going through the whole food sampling thing with Samson, and ha
ve come across one that's new to me..... Dogswell Nutrisca. The mom & pops petstore that I got it from suggested that it's fairly new
but I'm not really sure if that's the case.
They have 3 dry grain free/potato free formulas, Salmon & Chickpea, Chicken & Chickpea, and Lam
b & Chickpea (I'm trying the Salmon due to Salmon's recent allergy and yeast issue). The line really has me intrigues and all though we've used it around a week, I'm feeling confident about it. It's similar to Nature'svariety Instinct in how it is grain and potato free, which is a plus for me as I've read a few things suggesting potatoes could have a link to yeast (if anyone knows more about this please share). The only 2 main differences I notice is that the Nutrisca has a slightly lower protein content and it smells and obviously tastesbetter as Samson will actually eat it (he hates the nvi salmon). I see the lower protein as a plus forbulldogs as they aren't overly active and mine's still only a 9 month old pup despite his HUGE size already. Another thing that I like is that they have a new raw freeze dry dinnerbite line that they ad
vertise as a meal or treat. I also read about it on dogfoodadvisor.com and they rank it 5 stars with an "enthusiastic recommendation" and say that the it is an important food as it's "a low glycemic product making it a serious candidate for feeding diabetic dogs."I like everything I see so far and am curious if anyone else is familiar with the line, if so what do you think, and if not well, now you've heard of it and maybe it's your next dog food. And don't forget, if anyone knows anything on the whole yeast/potato thing, weather there's any truth to it, please let me know. Here are a couple links on Nutrisca.​

http://nutrisca.dogswell.com/beefdinnerbites.html

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dogswell-nutrisca-dog-food/

Oh, and I was told a
bout a new grain/potato free wild​
boar &​
venison TOTW formula due out in May. Samson loved TOTW. I only changed to try and narrow down the search for what may have
been causing him problems. This couldbe great, especially if there does in fact prove to​
be some truth to the whole potato/yeast connection. Any thoughts on this either?​

182.jpg

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i am familiar with dogswell nutrisca. ive fed it before and sarah did well on it. the only reason i changed was she was still having some paw issues and so ive wandered on to a few other things. i fed her the lamb one and i think maybe she was somewhat allergic to lamb so had i fed one of the others maybe a different outcome. my dogs loved the taste also. the only thing is there are no pre or probiotics on the food but if thats not a problem i would go for it. you can always give your dog some yogurt or acidophillus pills. let us know how it goes.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Ive done research on that one too...I would also supplement a probiotic and/or acidolphus in ti...Its supposed to be a good food but its one Ive not tried yet.

OP
Danny Nystrand

Danny Nystrand

Jan 5, 2012
Destin, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mighty Samson
I do add 1 tsp of non fat yogurt to his food at night already. Would anyone of you still suggest adding another or better form of probiotic and/or acidolphus? If so could you suggest where I would find this and maybe pro
vide a crash course of what the
benefits would be? I know that the yogurt is supposed to help balance the natural bacteria and things of that nature, but I don't think I fully understand the importance and extent of it's contribution in my bully's diet. Thanks!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
There is a product at walmart that I use. Its called pearl..in a blue package. Major probiotics in it...Works great

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I am thinking about this food - stinks I just ordered 2 28 lb bags of the Earthborn, but you mentioning the tapioca has me thinking....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i do like this food. ive used it before. it doesnt have any pre or pro biotics but since you are already giving one it wont be a problem. if you think its the food you could try it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.