Can i give boo human crackers?

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Hi all, usually i never gave boo crackers, but i left his treat at home and went to stop by at the supermarket and i found this saltines crackers which contains : wheat flour, vegetable fat, salt, yeast, and baking powder.
Is it okay?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hi,

I wouldn't give him those crackers. None of the incredients are really good food for a dog. Some hard cheese could be better. There's salt in that too, but I think it's better than crackers.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wouldn't mainly because of the high salt content in addition to it being grain. I'd give him cheese too like mentioned.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no i would not use those crackers as a treat. you have wheat, salt, yeast. not the makings of a good thing for a bulldog.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas loves baby carrots, blueberries, fresh or frozen green beans, all fruits or veggies and all easy to grab out of the fridge and all good for bully's.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I would not get those for your bully. There are other treats made specifically for your baby that are healthy and have the proper ingridients. Now that I have said that, Mocha will eat anything and she does beg for food ,A LOT!!!!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i wouldnt dream of giving my dog crackers ,yes she would love them ,get fat and yeasty then i would go crackers trying to rectify the damage!!lol,karen btw already battling yeast and she hasnt had any carbs/sugar for 10 months!!!,karen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No -- on the crackers nothing good about them for our bullies

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yeah, there are a ton of other "human food" items which would be good snacks like others mentioned: (frozen or fresh veg and fruit like carrots, blueberries, green beans, peas. Also small amounts of cottage cheese, cream cheese, hard cheese, yogurt (plain), natural peanut butter.

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
O o.. I gave him a couple yesterday. But i'll throw it rite away! Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.