5 months english bully food

Hesham Alsaad

Jan 15, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cognac
Hello guys!

I have a 5 months adorable bully. I have been feeding her royal canin ever since i got her when she was 10 weeks old. I want to change it to better food, but cognac always has soft
Stool, i tried orijen but it gave her constant diarrea
so i need your advise in one of these food i should switch to

- artemis maximal dog
- blue wildness
- acana
- Merrick
- instinct chicken formula
- Or try orijen one more tome since i stopped it when she was3.5 and shes almost 5 mnths now

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Royal canin is not a good food. You can read the food ratings on the site. I would try the orijen again and stay away from chicken...It give mine constant diarrhea...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use Fromm Beef -- it is all stages and grain free. There is a food rating article and recommendation on the Nutrition page that will help you in choosing. Try to avoid chicken as a lot of bullies tend to have issue with it

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok if you still have some of the orijen left that is the easiest thing to do is try it again. maybe cut back on how much you are feeding as that can give diarrhea as much as something in the food. if still no luck with that or if you dont have anymore orijen then my next pick would be acana. its the same company but the with a lower protein than orijen. then well then we can talk again if those dont work. alot of bullies dont do well with chicken but i have the rare one that does fine with chicken. also keep in mind that some of these choices are very high in protein and some dogs cannot tolerate it. just a thought to. anyway let us know how its going and if you need more help im always around.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My girl was on Merrick beef based Cowboy Cookout but was getting tear stains,we switched over to chicken based Merrick Turducken and no more tear stains and her poop is much firmer.

BTW, Luna is 6 months old today, she went to vet yesterday and got an A+ on her check up. She is doing great....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3699]Kozman[/MENTION] that is great to hear. sarah does fine on chicken also. but alot of bullies here cannot eat it so i guess its a personal thing with bullies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl was on Merrick beef based Cowboy Cookout but was getting tear stains,we switched over to chicken based Merrick Turducken and no more tear stains and her poop is much firmer.BTW, Luna is 6 months old today, she went to vet yesterday and got an A+ on her check up. She is doing great....

YEAH!!! I love hearing about great vet visits!

Members online

No members online now.