Puppy Feeding

Lukeg28

Dec 9, 2011
Hello,

I'm a little concerned over how much food my breeder told me to give my 6 week pup.

He's currently got the runs.

We're feeding him James well beloved (in the uk) for pups chosen by breeder.

He's told me to feed him 6 times a day, around a glass and a half ( like a whiskey glass) each serving. - its basically 1 small dog bowl of food per serving which seems a massive amount for a pup. I then need to add boiling water to soften it up. Let is soak, drain it off then pour cold water over and sieve again to cool it down, add some natural yogurt and serve like that.

Is this ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like waaaaaaay too much! I would reduce that amount by half, how many cups is one small bowl? I am guessing about 1 cup? So 6 cups per day?

L

Lucy-licious

Wow that's sound too much. I really can't remember that far back though but I'm sure I only gave Lucy 4 meals a day and around 60g a meal. Check on the bag it'll give feeding guides. His ideal adult weight will be Around 23-25kg I think that makes daily food allowance of about 240g split that between the 6 meals and see what you think.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like excellent advice above.

OP
Lukeg28

Lukeg28

Dec 9, 2011
Thanks everyone for the resposnses.

Ive now cut down his food, I also tryed him on jut solids (same food but without pouring over boiling water - as he seems to eat it fine anyway) im also still adding yogurt.

If this carrys on after the food cut down, when should i take him to the vets?

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=3870]Lukeg28[/MENTION] you need to get him in the vets this week for a new puppy check. So discuss it then :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.