Another Dog food recall

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I just saw this in a newsletter that I received. It doesn't appy to any food I feed my dogs, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to post this just in case someone does feed this brand.

Oā€™Nealā€™s Feeders Supply Inc. of DeRidder, La., voluntarily recalled some lots of its dry Arrow Brand dog food because it contains corn with higher than acceptable levels of aflatoxin.

The affected products were manufactured between Dec. 1, 2010, and Dec. 1, 2011, and include:
ā€¢ Arrow Brand 21 percent Dog Chunks, SKU #807, 40 lb. bag;
ā€¢ Arrow Brand Super Proeaux Dog Food, SKU #812, 40 lb. bag;
ā€¢ Arrow Brand Professional Formula Dog Food, SKU #814, 50 lb. bag.

The recall only applies to the above products with packaging date codes [lot numbers] 4K0341 through 4K0365, and 04K1001 through 4K1325.

The affected dry dog food products were distributed in Louisiana and Texas. Retailers were instructed to remove the affected brands and products from store shelves.

No illnesses have been reported in association with the recalled products to date, and the recall was a precautionary measure. The company urged consumers to return the affected products, whether opened or unopened, to their place of purchase for a full refund.

Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring mold by-product. Pets that have consumed any of the recalled products and exhibit symptoms of illness, including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, vomiting, yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, or diarrhea, should be seen by a veterinarian, the company advised.

Several other companies have issued recalls of dry dog food in December, including Cargill Animal Nutrition; Procter and Gamble; Advanced Animal Nutrition; and Petrus Feed and Seed Stores.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... thanks for posting this information

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.