food woes

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I need to correct myself. Check myself before I reck myself... :rofl:

Registering your Pet with the county is what is required by law here in Miami.
Im not sure about the actual Rabies vaccination. I will find that out when I make my visit ...

thanks !

In Miami-Dade county all dogs resident to the county needs to be licensed by 4 months of age. Licenses are only issued to dogs who have a current rabbies vaccination unless the dog is health compromised.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Ahaaaa! So rabbies vaccine & the county's required tag go hand in hand......

THANKS [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]..

PD: I will need to draw a License tag on the collar of my avatar ..... :LOL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ahaaaa! So rabbies vaccine & the county's required tag go hand in hand......

THANKS @anatess ..

PD: I will need to draw a License tag on the collar of my avatar ..... :LOL:

Oooh..we get til 6 months! They do that because most dogs aren't neutered much earlier and the license is sooo much more or unneutered. Didn't help me tho....errrr. jake

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Just for the record I am not anti-vaccine completely. But it does appear that dogs are well protected after the puppy series and any subsequent vaccines should be given with much thought and by many veterianian standards not at all (look for integrative vet). Titer testing is a good way to know if your dog has anti-bodies.
If your dog appears to have "allergies", then he is suffering and you need to get to the bottom of it (as mine was, and I paid $1000's of dollars to a conventional dog allergest, had my dog on a steriod/antihistime drug for a year and a limited ingrediant diet) Nothing really worked.

If I were you (which I have been), I would make an appt with an "integrative vet" (a vet that practices BOTH conventional medicine and Holistic/Homeopathy) and just see what he/she has to say about the symptons and the rabies vaccine that you are coming due for.

To find out exactly what your states regulation is go here (Florida does have excemption):
http://www.avma.org/advocacy/state/issues/rabies_vaccination.pdf

In Florida/Miami area; there is this guy:
LARRY BERNSTEIN , VMD CVA,CVH,PCHom
NATURAL HOLISTIC PET CARE
751 NORTH EAST 168 ST
NORTH MIAMI BEACH , FL 33162
Phone: 305-652-5372
Fax: 305-653-7244
www.naturalholistic.com

But you can find interative and holistic dr's by state here:
http://www.holisticvetlist.com/

There is an effort to have rabies exemption made nationwide: http://www.aimeeslaw.com/2008/11/rabies-vaccination-big-scam.html

OP
V

vaill

Nov 16, 2011
I my self have been personally chased by a rabid skunk...It got my dad so excited he shot the car!! lol... just grazed it was shooting with a shot gun..its a memory we will never forget..
I do give rabies but wait until they are 6 months.. I give my own shots for the distemper/parvo.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
WHOA!!! There's Holistic Vets now??? I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

[MENTION=3990]gracoliv[/MENTION], you are awesome.

My kids go to a holistic pediatrician and I tell you, her methods are super amazing. My firstborn son had 3 rounds of anti-biotics for ear infection by the time he's 7 months old. We moved to the holistic pediatrician and my 2nd son only had 2 anti-biotics rounds in his 8 years of life - once we he had 6 stitches on his eyebrow, next when he contacted pneumonia! Ear infection was a garlic/willow eardrop and some belladona!

So I am super excited to know there are holistic vets too!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oooh..we get til 6 months! They do that because most dogs aren't neutered much earlier and the license is sooo much more or unneutered. Didn't help me tho....errrr. jake

Pennsylvania has this same law. And a $300 fine if you can not prove license and rabies vaccine. Over the summer, the Sheriff and dog license people went door to door requiring proof with in one week. Rabies is so rampant in Lancaster County, that every week raccoon's are found running around in circles during the day, and the game commission is called to come collect. Always found to be positive for the disease.

As for the grain free food, I have made a switch to TOTW Bison/Venison they love it ! and I love their :poo:

:ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHOA!!! There's Holistic Vets now??? I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

Yes, we have one at the hospital we go to... she even does acupuncture

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

We did acupuncture on our Rottie for 2 years before she died. It gave us 2 extra years with her and if not for bone cancer, I know she would still be with us. But with the acupuncture we were also using very cutting edge drugs. I miss her still every single day. :cry:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
that is so interesting as i dont think we have anything like that here. would have to check on it. were kinda big here but not compared to other big cities.

OP
V

vaill

Nov 16, 2011
I stopped the grain free I was feeding, finished up some bil jac I had.. Ordered Fromm it should be delivered today. 2 days after back on the Bil Jac her eye cleared up and her feet. so we'll see what the Fromm does..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online