Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching foods and diarrhea...

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Switching foods and diarrhea...

did you buy the frozen raw in bulk from a store?,if so you cannot be sure of the source,most raw feeder buy from the local butcher/farmer,ive raw fed for 9 months with no illness ,i only feed food fit for human consumption though given that my dog has eaten the most foul smelling rancid beef that she hid in the garden then dug it up 2 weeks later and didnt even get the runs lol,if you wish to raw feed i would buy in fresh and freeze a weeks worth you may find they will be ok on it,karen

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily & Humphrey
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the advice. I was using http://www.naturesvariety.com/. They use High Pressure Pasteurization which appealed to me. It was frozen in serving size patties. It was expensive, but convenient. I had read about making your own, our trainer did it for a while. While I appreciate the advice, we won't be feeding raw again. I've never seen my pooches so sick. Lily was nearly dehydrated to the point of needing an IV when I took her in. Plus, they're just as happy with cooked meat and no one has to worry about eColi or Salmonella. I know some of you have had amazing results, but nope...nope, nope, nope . Our initial foraging was for a local store that carried Fromm. I think we're just going to have to get over our reluctance and mail order it. I just like supporting local businesses being one myself. We're just not happy with Blue Buffalo though, so mail order is our next step. My hubby wants to cook their meals...well, wants ME to cook their meals. I don't cook for the kids 3 or 4 times a week, it's hard to justify cooking for the dogs that much.

I'm sure we'll get it figured out. After 3 days with no poop, everyone's was normal this morning. That was certainly nice. We go back to the dogtor tomorrow. I think she'll get a clean bill of health. Aside from the hip dysplasia that they found while x-raying for blockages

Priscilla

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my what an experience. but hey raw is not for everyone. some have started then went back to kibble so its ok to do so. let us know how things are progressing when you get a food for them. im glad its better. its hard seeing our pets sick.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Oh the joys of finding the right food for our bullies!!!! That seems to be the most thing we all have to concentrate on. Raw works for some and not for others .... so stick with the kibble if thats what is the most suitable for you and your family!!

I too like to keep local if I can, but I do love Petflow ... it's free shipping and with my busy week it is just one less shopping trip!! Just a thought .. did you try any other blue buffalo flavours other than Salmon. There are a few bulldogs here that don't seem to react well to Salmon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads