Gassy Bully

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Okay so Tipsy has been more gassy than ever. She does get her walks, she only eats twice a day and no human food. She literally clears the room. She wasn't this bad and her food hasn't changed. I am thinking of switching her food. She is on Blue Buffalo basic dry food. Any suggestion on food (something I can find at petco or Petsmart)? Anything else I should be giving her or doing?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I feed natural balance alpha, which is at petco. She doesn't have very much gas at all. Not like our new baby Frankie, that's for sure. He was on Iams at his old home, and OH MY GOD I literally almost threw up the past few times he's passed gas. Hopefully it will improve now that he's on natural balance too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think some have more gas than others, BeBe is very gassy, but Buddy and Lucy hardly at all. BeBe and Buddy are on the same food. When we had them on Royal Canin a few year back BeBe was really bad. Now it's better but she does have her moments. haha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is on Fromm Beef.... no gas at all

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Try feeding a TBSP of plain yogurt when u feed him. Good for their digestion and bowels. Cuts down a ton on gas! I have forgotten to get yogurt in the last few weeks and Bubba's gas is horrific! Didn't notice gas before when I gave him some yogurt everyday! GIve it a try. I do greek, non fat yogurt. I think u will notice the difference

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I think some have more gas than others, BeBe is very gassy, but Buddy and Lucy hardly at all. BeBe and Buddy are on the same food. When we had them on Royal Canin a few year back BeBe was really bad. Now it's better but she does have her moments. haha

Is the royal canin good? Our vet wants lex to get on a food that's not so high in protein, blue wilderness. What made u switch foods?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] they did good on it for a while then BeBe's gas got worse and they started itching bad on it and would turn red. We tried several other foods but are feeding FROMM beef frittata, and Whitefish and potato.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I too tried the royal canine bulldog formula and omg the gas was horrible!! I kept thinking someone took a :poo: in the house! They also did a ton of :poo: on it too. Funny because the bag states that it cuts down on flatulence. Not!

We feed mostly Fromm beef frittata and little to no gas. Pups and moms on Fromm puppy tho- and they have bad gas. I mean baaaaad!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I know Natural Balance is lower in protein.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah was on royal canin bulldog and she was good on it at first then then the longer she was on it the worse she got so took her off. honestly i think for the price of it they could use better ingredients. how low a protein are we talking about [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I found that blue Buffao basic is still grain free and has 22% protein. Gonna try that and see how it works

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
just a note blue buffalo basic is not grain free. its does have 22% protein but there are grains in it. [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] if your looking for lower protein and something available at petco and such natural balance alpha dog is 25% protein i believe. taste of the wild has 2 flavors that are 25% protein and grain free. just throwing that out there in case grain free is important.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
just a note blue buffalo basic is not grain free. its does have 22% protein but there are grains in it. [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] if your looking for lower protein and something available at petco and such natural balance alpha dog is 25% protein i believe. taste of the wild has 2 flavors that are 25% protein and grain free. just throwing that out there in case grain free is important.

Hmmm the rep told us it WAS grain free!!!! Ugh ok cool I will look into it
More thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]. I have noticed he does better on grain free, he doesn't itch and his tear stains are gone!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.