Do your dogs get sick of their food?

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Hello all,
We feed Wally Fromm Duck and Potato. Recently he has been very hesitant to eat his food, even though he's hungry (he eats any other treat or hotdog). Is it possible he's sick of his food? Should we consider changing it to another Fromm product? I heard you can change from Fromm to Fromm without much difficulty.
Thanks for any advice!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes! Jake scarfs down anything..but my Dena dog definitely gets tired of the sme food. Yes..you can switch up the Fromm..but just to be safe I'd do half and half a couple days.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yes, definately. Matilda refused to eat any of her food. So that is why we moved to raw.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah will pretty much eat anything but my one boston. hmm hes a challenge. will eat a food for a bit then nope not interested anymore sometimes even with canned toppers he dont eat much. sure switch around nothing wrong with variety. but yes with a bully maybe still mix some old with new to ease them into it.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
when you think about it kibble must be boring so yes they do get bored of eating the same taste,texture ,i raw feed so plenty of variety,try raw meat for breakfast and kibble for supper perhaps but unwise to mix it ,confuse the beggar lol,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You can switch between the different flavours of the Fromm 4* range at any time and won't need to do any gradual introduction. It is actually recommended that you switch between the protein sources so they don't develop an allergy. Maybe he is just getting a little tired of that flavour so you could maybe try the beef, salmon, surf n turf etc etc next time??

OP
pdac1975

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Thanks everyone. We will pick up a new flavor this week and give it a try. We will try the Surf and Turf I think.

OP
pdac1975

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Thanks! That's good to know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Definitely... Nitshcke was so picky with food that at times I had to hand feed him his raw and/or kibble. Banks - HA ,,, she eats anything that is not nailed down

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Nope, it is more of a problem with me than it is Vegas, I thought he would get bored. He has been on NVI Salmon for a year and a half, I thought I needed to change it up, he did horrible on the other proteins, so back to Salmon. He eats every last little kibble. I do change his snacks and treats around with fresh fruits and veggies.

Victorwood

Jan 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mhyca
Yup, i bought a 1 1/2 years old bully and her diet is optima. I switch her to Go Natural Endurance Grain Free but she always had goopy gunk in her eyes. So I switched to barf diet and now she's doing great.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Einstein just recently started being "picky" like the last month or so. So we are thinking about changing some things up. Just got on the site to look at all the food suggestions. Haven't been on in awhile...what was I thinking. I've missed so much!!

Last edited:

mickeedz

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
I'm also having a problem with my bully not eating like he used to. My Jax is 5 months old and has been on Blue Buffalo lamb and oatmeal since we got him before Christmas when he was 2 months old. He has always scarfed down his meals, but in the last week he barely eats his bowl of food. At first I thought that maybe he was getting sick or something, but he would go and try to eat our other dog's food (yorkies who eat Iams) or the cat food. So he is definitely not sick and is hungry, but it sounds like he may be sick of the flavor of his food.

He has also been having tiny bits of chicken and a tablespoon of either cottage cheese or yogurt mixed into his food since he was three months. He has always loved it. Now I am not sure what to do.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Nope not Brutus he will eat anything that you put in his bowl! Heck who am I kidding anything that drops on the floor or for that matter he can get his paws on! :) We eat Fromm Beef Frittatta

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online