Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your dogs get sick of their food?

Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Do your dogs get sick of their food?

Einstein just recently started being "picky" like the last month or so. So we are thinking about changing some things up. Just got on the site to look at all the food suggestions. Haven't been on in awhile...what was I thinking. I've missed so much!!
    Last edited by Einstein the Great; 01-19-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

I'm also having a problem with my bully not eating like he used to. My Jax is 5 months old and has been on Blue Buffalo lamb and oatmeal since we got him before Christmas when he was 2 months old. He has always scarfed down his meals, but in the last week he barely eats his bowl of food. At first I thought that maybe he was getting sick or something, but he would go and try to eat our other dog's food (yorkies who eat Iams) or the cat food. So he is definitely not sick and is hungry, but it sounds like he may be sick of the flavor of his food.

He has also been having tiny bits of chicken and a tablespoon of either cottage cheese or yogurt mixed into his food since he was three months. He has always loved it. Now I am not sure what to do.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Nope not Brutus he will eat anything that you put in his bowl! Heck who am I kidding anything that drops on the floor or for that matter he can get his paws on! We eat Fromm Beef Frittatta
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

All my kiddos never have gotten tired of their food. Their morning feed is dry but their evening feed (except Emma right now because she's only 14ish weeks) get a spoon full of wet food in their dinner, always have, and that I change flavors all the time.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Yes, both mine get bored of there food. When I change it up they eat with gusto then over time they have to be coaxed to come and eat. I typically feed Fromm 4 * (beef frittata) dry, and change up the wet I mix into it. I basically give them a 1/4 can each mixed well into the dry; so I am going through 1 can of wet per day. I typically use Natures Variety Instict for the wet food; its seems very meaty and there is a wateru liquid that I use like a gravy.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I feed Gunny Fromm now but I mix in a can of wet with it,I give him a variety of different flavors so he dosen"t get sick of the same old stuff.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

No picky eaters here. Mack and Ruggles will eat anything that doesn't eat them first! They love worms after Spring rain and grasshoppers Summer & Fall! Their Kibble is NVI Limited Ingredient Lamb Meal, Turkey Meal for Ruggles!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Watson never turns down his food. Lately I have been making him sit and wait patiently with the food bowl in front of him until I give him the "go ahead." Little did I know that he would wait patiently everytime but he drools profusely getting the floor all wet

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Nope, it is more of a problem with me than it is Vegas, I thought he would get bored. He has been on NVI Salmon for a year and a half, I thought I needed to change it up, he did horrible on the other proteins, so back to Salmon. He eats every last little kibble. I do change his snacks and treats around with fresh fruits and veggies.
    I was just wondering about this. Beefy is on the NVI Duck and Turkey but i thought about changing this next time to the Salmon just to give him some variety. I was worried though that he may have a reaction with the Salmon, we haven't tried it before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads