TYLAN anyone using it ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think you got some great advice from [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION].... Tylan powder is very expensive, we are using now with Banks for her intestinal issues.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I have used Angel Eyes in the past and it did work but since I've changed their food to NVI and cut out all treats it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. I just keep up the daily maintenance of washing and drying and maybe a tiny bit of vaseline to keep any minor tears from reaching the skin.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
To add a fly to the ointment. I'm starting to think HRH seems to have issues with salmon oil. She had More tear stains and itchy legs when we tried putting it on her food. We switched to just fish oil in gel cap form and she improved. She also had issues with Fromm surf and turf, but we blamed the chicken. She has done well on beef Frittata.

We recently tried a treat with salmon as the main ingredient and she has had more tear stains again and I noticed some staining in her paw pad area as well. We just stopped those and are waiting to see. If they go away we will begin to avoid salmon.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
its ok @LariP there are some dogs allergic to salmon and this cant be used. there is flaxseed oil that is the same kinda thing that can be used when the dog is allergic to salmon or fish. my bostons seem to have a problem with it so i stopped giving it to them. ive never considered that people fish oil would not give the same results so i may give that to them. i think also ive heard that you can put any kind of oil on their food will help. like olive oil and such but will have to look that up more.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
...yes [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - and when I do, I'm going to post that video of you TEACHING me the Voodoo Dance for Tear Stains, Oh Holder of the Iron Spoon of Bulldog Nutrition.....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] ive got my voodoo doll all ready and waiting for you. :p

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Could it be anything environmental? Also a Qtip soaked in witch hazel and ran inside the wrinkles will help as a drying agent. Just don't get it in his eye..of course! I i use it on all Jakes wrinkles and nose rope...
Becky, when you use it as described, do you have to go back and wipe it dry with a cotton ball? I bought some but I wasn't sure if I was to wipe him dry too or does it dry by itself? :confused: Wilson's having his eyelashes checked when he goes under for his neuter on Feb. 1st. :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online