another food recall alert 12-12-11

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oā€™Nealā€™s Feeders Supply of Deridder, Louisiana has announced a voluntary dog food recall involving one of its products due to contamination with aflatoxin.
The event was reported by the Associated Press on December 12, 2011 and involved products distributed in Louisiana and Texas.
So far, weā€™ve been unable to confirm this event on the FDA website.
Aflatoxin is a toxin produced by a certain species of mold commonly found in cereal grains.
The products were manufactured between December 1, 2010 and December 1, 2011.
According to the Associated Press, no illnesses have been reported.
[h=2]
What to Watch For​
[/h]According to a previous FDA news releaseā€¦
ā€œPets that have consumed any of the above recalled products and exhibit symptoms of illness including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, vomiting, yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, or diarrhea should be seen by a veterinarian.ā€
[h=2]
What to Do​
[/h]You can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.
Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
Oā€™Nealā€™s Feeders Supply has suggested consumers return the recalled dog food for a full refund.
For more information, call the company at 800-256-2769 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800-256-2769 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I confess that I have never heard of Oā€™Nealā€™s Feeders Supply of Deridder .....but confirms how grateful I am that Fromm has suited both my bullys so well!!!! :whatsthat?:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never heard of the food / manufacture, but thanks for the information

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.