Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I normally buy FROMM from Petfooddirect.com, however recently, I was able to get a Specialty Pet Food store to Order it for me, so I don't have to do mail order. But you won't find FROMM in any PETCO or PETSMART. Yes, the FROMM Puppy Food is only in Chicken Flavor, but it also has grains in it, which Maximus can not have - so I had to give him the Surf & Turf variety which is Grain-Free.

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]....what formula of Taste of the Wild are you trying? The company sent me samples because I'm considering switching but I'm nervous after hearing some not great things about the Pacific formula. I hope your pup does great on this food!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
Please tell me how you manage with 5 bullies and 4 kids. I can barely handle my three kids and one bulldog. And I mean BARELY!!

I once put Tuffy on Fromm Salmon a la vegetable and he LOVED it but it gave him very loose poop. What kind of changes are you seeing for the better in the Surf and Turf...? I know Fromm has a stellar reputation!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Please tell me how you manage with 5 bullies and 4 kids. I can barely handle my three kids and one bulldog. And I mean BARELY!!

I once put Tuffy on Fromm Salmon a la vegetable and he LOVED it but it gave him very loose poop. What kind of changes are you seeing for the better in the Surf and Turf...? I know Fromm has a stellar reputation!

A lot of organization :) Actually, you just 'adjust as needed' I guess. Noah is 12 so he helps me a lot.

When you put Tuffy on the Fromm, how long was he on it? It is common for them to get loose poopies until they adjust. The slower the changeover the better. Jesse would commonly have accidents and EVERYTIME i changed her food she would get the squirts. But with the Fromm, she had about 2 loose bowel movements and now she does not have any more accidents either :) So happy about both of those. Her eyes are very clear and bright too. I got the grain free formula- this may be the food for her. I may end up having 5 bullies on 2 diff foods in the end!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't comment on food because I have just put up a new thread on here asking for advice on food!!!! (So if those of you who have replied to this thread could help me I beg you to read mine!)

However, for treats I buy the bags of baby carrots ...............WOW ..... every single dog loves them!! You'd think I'd just discovered caviar for dogs in our house!!! I can't believe i've spent all these years spending money on these bagged doggy treats when carrots were already there ... just waiting to be discovered.

Every day, we do the eyes-ears-nose routine. That's wipe the wrinkles, clean the ears and vaseline on the nose (Maggie's nose is very dry right now) and the only thing that will make her come anywhere near me is the bag of baby carrots that I deliberately put out next to all these lotions and potions!!!

Bribery is everything! ;)

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear will be 6 months next week. When do you start a bulldog on adult? i thought it was 1 year.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]....what formula of Taste of the Wild are you trying? The company sent me samples because I'm considering switching but I'm nervous after hearing some not great things about the Pacific formula. I hope your pup does great on this food!

I feed him the Pacific Stream formula because it is lower in protein than the others. So far Linus and Truman have done beautifully on it - no tummy upset, loose stools, vomiting or ill effects to speak of thus far. And they seem to really enjoy the taste.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am new to the bulldog life and havent even started yet! I have picked out my bulldog put the deposit down but I wont be getting her tell the 25th of July because she is only 2 weeks lol. The waiting game stinks! I bought avoderm plain puppy food and hoping I dont have any problems on it. I also read about Royal canin but read that avoderm was better plush cheaper priced so thought it was worth a try. Has anyone tried the avoderm shampoo and conditoner? I bought some and its suppossed to be good for the skin and help with allergies? Also Has anyone heard of nuvet vitamins and shampoo's? Thats what my breeder wants me to buy but they are hight priced! Any advise would be great! Thank you!:)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have fed avoderm before but sarah is allergic to most things in kibble so not much help there. my bostons did not do so well on it. doesnt mean you pup wont do good. some do good on it and some dont. its trial and error really. lots here do good on the fromm puppy. have not tried their shampoos either. i was looking at the nuvet products and they look good but have never used them. welcome to the forum and maybe someone will be along soon to give some more insight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.