Fromm Food Question

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We are feeding Penny the Salmon a la Veg which is one of the Four Star. Is it interchangeable with the grain free? I'm not 100% happy with the Salmon with P & think we should try the Beef.

I haven't been around a ton lately...any new favorite foods or discoveries?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] will be able to provide insight, but I have Banks on the Beef, been about three weeks and she is doing very good on it. we had to take her off of a raw diet due to colitis

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have Bebe on the beef and Buddy was on it, but he would pick at it. Lucy Lu was on the surf N turf and still a little red, so we put her on the Whitefish & Potato and she is doing good, we also tried Buddy on it and he likes it so far so he is doing good on it as well.

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We have Bebe on the beef and Buddy was on it, but he would pick at it. Lucy Lu was on the surf N turf and still a little red, so we put her on the Whitefish & Potato and she is doing good, we also tried Buddy on it and he likes it so far so he is doing good on it as well.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], were you able to transition between the four star & grain free without gradually doing it, or did you still do it gradually? I know some of the fromm you are supposed to be able to switch back & forth

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Doesnt have to be the total gradual switch. I would mix it for a couple days but being the same brand it isnt so hard on them as if it was 2 diff brands. Dont have to do the slow switch anyhow. Once on the grain free you can switch between the surf and turf and the beef fritata with no transition at all.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We switched with out transition, but like [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] said it's always better to do a little transition anyway.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We switched with no transition either... due to her colitis, it did not matter, we had to get her off the raw. Banks actually showed signs of getting better within two days of being off the raw and on Fromm

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no i dont think you have to slow switch between any of the 4 star formulas but bullies being bullies maybe just a few days of mixing 50/50 to be sure. good way to use up old food and get into the new food. good luck

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Id go thru the transition procedure just to be safe.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The Fromm 4* range is designed to be totally interchangeable and that includes the two grain free flavours. So you don't have to do any kind of transition, but if you feel happier doing it then there is no harm in it!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] I myself have considered this food as it used to be good food but was sold to proctor & gamble some time ago. I'm not sure its the same now. I like the ingredients very much but I have trouble with buying something p & g is involved in. I may try it someday anyway. if you don't mind who owns it by all means use it. they swear they have not changed it. I also believe we have a member here who feeds it. good luck

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Well I just purchased a 5lb bag and added only 1/4 cup with his dinner and he is tooting up a storm which is not something he does so I'm going to say this won't be an option....plus, my intuition tells me to stay away from processed as much as possible, stick with whole foods (just like I feed myself)... I'm going to stick with THK and home cooking... I just always wonder if I'm missing something ( grass is greener syndrome)... Thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well I just purchased a 5lb bag and added only 1/4 cup with his dinner and he is tooting up a storm which is not something he does so I'm going to say this won't be an option....plus, my intuition tells me to stay away from processed as much as possible, stick with whole foods (just like I feed myself)... I'm going to stick with THK and home cooking... I just always wonder if I'm missing something ( grass is greener syndrome)... Thanks

I know just how you feel. I recently tried a food switch that was awful..went back to just okay. Sigh!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online