cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just came back from the grocery store during my lunch break today. The clinic is very close to Little Tokyo or Japan Town, and they have this wonderful little grocery store that carries all sorts of interesting goodies. Well, the Christmas music was playing, the decorations were up, and I was in an impulse-buying mood :D, and picked up a package of chicken livers. Thought I'd cook some up for the two hooligans (i'm stealing [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] 's word), tonight.

Has anyone made such organs for their bulldog or other pets?
I might even try a couple pieces!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I actually LOVE chicken liver. Weird I know. My Mom always used the chicken or turkey organs to make the gravy and me and my sister would fight over who got the liver and neck... haha They're also good breaded and fried. Or in soup with orzo, for people of course. I've never fed them to Brooke, or even cooked them myself, but I have seen them dehydrated for dogs at the butchershop near us and wanted to get them for her to try.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I actually LOVE chicken liver. Weird I know. My Mom always used the chicken or turkey organs to make the gravy and me and my sister would fight over who got the liver and neck... haha They're also good breaded and fried. Or in soup with orzo, for people of course. I've never fed them to Brooke, or even cooked them myself, but I have seen them dehydrated for dogs at the butchershop near us and wanted to get them for her to try.

Breaded and fried sounds reallllyyyy good! I would eat that.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], how about it...breaded and fried? c'mon, give it a try, maybe liver's become tastier since the last time you ate it! :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I hate liver, chicken or beef, so no liver for my babies either. :barf:

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I dont mind chicken livers if they are baked extra crunchy with gravy. But even then i can only eat a couple. I have really low iron so thats the only reason i eat them. None for macy though cause i am no betty crocker...lol. I hate to cook!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I hate beef liver, I was traumatized as a child like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], but I LOVE chicken livers!! I roll them in flour, salt and pepper and fry them. OR I make an appetizer of boiled chicken livers, a water chestnut and wrap with bacon and broil---Delicious!! And yes I have fed Vegas boiled chicken livers before, not fried. He loved them!! (of course)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I hate beef liver, I was traumatized as a child like @JAKEISGREAT , but I LOVE chicken livers!! I roll them in flour, salt and pepper and fry them. OR I make an appetizer of boiled chicken livers, a water chestnut and wrap with bacon and broil---Delicious!! And yes I have fed Vegas boiled chicken livers before, not fried. He loved them!! (of course)

That sounds so delicioso!! i have bacon at home but no water chestnut...i'm going to have to give that one a try...tonight!!!!:drool: Thank you for my dinner recipe! (should've posted this under the Recipes forum):excited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
i dont think ive ever tried chicken liver alone before. interesting recipes. when i get some for the boys, will put some aside and try them. i have low iron too so i sneak some in my meal now and then.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Breaded and fried sounds reallllyyyy good! I would eat that.

@JAKEISGREAT , how about it...breaded and fried? c'mon, give it a try, maybe liver's become tastier since the last time you ate it! :lol:
Sorry Henny, I gotta side with Becky on this one. My Mom fed us liver as kids too, not to mention beef tongue. I hate liver. I gave the turkey liver to the boys in the Thanksgiving dinner and the LOVED it.

You may use my "hooligans" saying anytime my friend. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YUK and double YUK!! My Dad is Irish/German (few others in there) and Mom was 100% Italian, so Pop never ate when she made homemade spaghetti and meatballs -- what did he get liver and onions, UGH!
I can still smell that horrendous odor.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
YUK and double YUK!! My Dad is Irish/German (few others in there) and Mom was 100% Italian, so Pop never ate when she made homemade spaghetti and meatballs -- what did he get liver and onions, UGH!
I can still smell that horrendous odor.

Me Too! :eek: :barf: Ohhhhh gives me chills...and in a B.A.D. Way! :barf:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Chicken liver makes great pate!!! Which I know you don't have over here but [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] and [MENTION=3793]Gold bullies[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] will know what I mean! I have a wonderful recipe for it too which I make at Christmas because I can't buy pate over here. :nope:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], i love pate! we have liverwurst which is almost similar...in a Farmer John kind of way! :lmao:

That's another great idea for the chicken livers...if you get a chance, can you post your recipe on the recipe forum section? i'd love to make some too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.