Help my poor Lucy!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im thinking puppies are supposed to get more than 2 cups? i would go with what [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said. also i would think whatever variety would be fine. not sure about how much protein a bully pup is supposed to have with their hip problems and such but im thinking either will do and adult food is just around the corner anyway.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Fwiw, penny had runny stools on wellness as well... We did the super. 5. Others mentioned having similar experiences & I think the general consensus was that the first ingredient is chicken- which many bullies can be sensitive to.

OP
grecoroman

grecoroman

Dec 7, 2011
New York, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, born 8/3/11
Hi there-

Thanks for all the input! I was wondering if you could provide some feedback on my feeding schedule:

AM:
1.5 cups of Holistic Select (Anchovy, Sardine & Chicken Meal Puppy Food) or (Lamb & Oatmeal - I switch sometimes to give variety) (Dry Kibble) http://www.petco.com/product/114112...-Puppy-Dry-Dog-Food.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch
1 Heaping Tbsp of Pumpkin
1 Heaping Tbsp of Plain Nonfat Yogurt
Sometimes a Tbsp of brown or white rice if i have it in the fridge

Lunch:
2/3 cup of Yogurt or Cottage Cheese

Dinner: Same as Breakfast (1.5 cups of dry food w/ pumpkin and/or cottage cheese)

Right before bedtime: A slice of bread to keep her tummy full

Snacks:
Frozen PB in Kong
Frozen Baby Carrots (she doesn't really like these - just plays around with them)
Natural Balance Lamb Roll
Sometimes a few slices of turkey dog

She's finally having the solid tootsie roll poops... Not itching a whole lot but I notice her skin (where her fur is white) is a slight pink - is that normal? I heard Holistic Select is going to be taken off the market - not sure if this is true or not - Petco is having a major sale on the big bags...

Any criticism on the food and snacks would be much appreciated!

Thanks

OP
grecoroman

grecoroman

Dec 7, 2011
New York, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy, born 8/3/11
can i switch her over to fromm beef fritatta at 5 months? Too early?

i feed her twice a day, and she is pooping 3 times a day... seems like the quality of the food (Holistic Select) isn't great since she is pooping so much of it out..

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I would actually cut out the bread.. could be a cause for itchy skin.. our dermatolgoist told us the more bland Duke's diet the better. but white flour really doesn't have any nutrution? alot of owners give maybe 1/4 cup of food to keep their bellies full at night.. maybe just switch to some dry kibble. just my opinion I am no expert but have had a lot of skin issues with Duke.. we feed natures variety and he has done wonderful on it.. but we give him nothing else.. 1/2 cup wet 1/2 cup dry.. sometimes some pumpkin but thats all. it has worked well for us.. I found ( the hard way ) that less is better.
again I am no experet and the people here are full of knowledge and have helped me a ton.. I just wanted to point out about the bread.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
can i switch her over to fromm beef fritatta at 5 months? Too early?

i feed her twice a day, and she is pooping 3 times a day... seems like the quality of the food (Holistic Select) isn't great since she is pooping so much of it out..

Absolutely..you can do a slow switch to the Fromm beef..it is an all stages food! Jake has actually been off puppy food and on an all stages food since he was 2 months old. FYI...they still :poo: a lot..jake sometimes goes 4 or 5 times! Although the normal is 2 to 3 times! Good Luck!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i am not a fan of grains and that maybe why lots of poop. i think fromm beef is a great choice. just do a slow switch over many days. also i would cut out the bread and rice and just do like 2 treats instead of all the ones listed. keep us posted please

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.