Gucci 1 year b day present

Dayna524

Sep 4, 2011
South Bend,IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci
I after much research and many bags of dog food. I have decided to put all three dogs on raw diet. Gu.cci has interdigital cysts. Diamond has what I think is a yeast infection. Either way it's a rash allergy something. Gucci will be a year on Tuesday this will be a gift of better health. I think after reading I am starting with chicken backs and leg quarters. I will post my outcome. Any advice is very welcomed. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Congratulations! I wish you all the best with your new diet for the Bullies. I just switched Maximus to a Frozen Raw Diet (Nature's Variety), and he loves it !
I switched his diet for the exact same reasons as you ----- allergies, interdigital cysts, skin problems, yeast infections, ear infections, etc., etc., etc. ......
and I'm hoping he will begin to feel and look better. So far it is going very well, and I wish you much success! Keep us all posted on how things are going !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I after much research and many bags of dog food. I have decided to put all three dogs on raw diet. Gu.cci has interdigital cysts. Diamond has what I think is a yeast infection. Either way it's a rash allergy something. Gucci will be a year on Tuesday this will be a gift of better health. I think after reading I am starting with chicken backs and leg quarters. I will post my outcome. Any advice is very welcomed. Thank you.

Tagging a couple people that can give you raw advice [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION].... there are others that the names escape me right now.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
great news you are starting raw,do all the research you can,take it very slowly ,dont panic if your dogs regurgitate they are not chocking lol,feed size apropriate bone and only uncooked soft bone ie chicken or pork to start with,keep to 1 protien say chicken ,dont add organs until your dogs are used to raw unless you enjoy masses of poop!!or if your dog are like my dog and they have a cast iron stomache lol,i wouldnt worry too much about supplements either they will be getting all they need on the raw especially when you start feeding the red meats,i do supplement with sulpher tablets ,vit c and a seed mix ,as ive been raw feeding for 9 months and annies itching was still as bad ,i know that raw will only clear up food allergy and not envioremental ,however after months of investigating ,trying everything in the book to cure this itching i have come to the conclusion that its related to me returning to work ,she itches when excited,going for a poop ,new places ,waiting for her meals ,something on tv she likes lol weirdo dog!!!,but she does have some dandruff which i cannot clear so this is the reason for the above supplements,raw is the best diet,its cheap,easy to prepare and so good to watch your dog eat what dogs are supposed to eat ,good luck ,i know you will do great keep us posted,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Good for you! You should feel good about the decision you made. I have three dogs and they all love it. [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] probably gave you the same sites I would have. She is a great resource as is [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]. Good luck and never, ever, feel silly about posting questions!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
actually im looking into raw maybe as well. i will have to have something already prepared to take out of the freezer as i really do not have the time to do it myself. i was looking at the primal raw food. any thoughts?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Congrats! I hope it goes well!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
cowsmom it takes me 30 mins to cut up.bag up and freeze all annies meals for a week .it really isnt time consuming give it a go you will surprise yourself,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.