New Bully Owner- food question

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
the most important thing in food is the protein--MEAT ---and any brand of food will say beef, chicken fish
what ever, remember if it says muscle meat --- it is quality meats-- if it doesn't--it isn't anything but left overs from the rendering plants!!!!! the stomach contents, feet intestines, brains,heart liver, kidneys. ((they are all protein --and some humans eat them --there for human grade--protein--- but I wouldn't call it quality !!!)))only MUSCLE MEAT IS THE ROASTS,CHOPS , PRIME CUTS- AND ARE MUSCLE MEAT--))))) ONLY TWO COMPANIES IN THE USA AND CANADA ---use this type meat--- the 2 are Fromm--out of Wisconsin---and Great 4 Life --out of California)))
all other companies get their protein from the rendering plants!!!!
this is so eye opening!!!
after many talks with Susan Thixton of the truth about pet foods)and pet food manufacturers, and understanding how the ingredients are listed so deceivingly on the bags of food. and learning how hot and long all the foods are cooked at .
well lets just say---it all starts with the meat---the most important part of the pet FOOD!!

I am 100% certain that there are more than just those 2 companies in USA/Canada that use quality meats. There's a few of them on the EBN list of highest-star rated Bulldog food.

But you're right. The meat source is the most important part of a dog's food.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
I am 100% certain that there are more than just those 2 companies in USA/Canada that use quality meats. There's a few of them on the EBN list of highest-star rated Bulldog food.

But you're right. The meat source is the most important part of a dog's food.

Completely agree. I feel sorry for people looking for genuine advise and instead they get (obviously) paid advertisements, ridiculous (and seizure inducing). Learn to read labels, and learn what the labels mean. There is a great list here of foods as well as Dog Food Adviser that can break down the ingredients.

Last edited:

Most Reactions