Want to change Samson's food but I don't know what to.........

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Linda you are a great help in regards to foods thank you! Cutty was spitting up his totw pacific stream food and I switched him off it and havent had the problem since. I just switched to avoderm, or am in process of switching anyhow. Fromm is a distance from us to go and get and having an almost 2 year old and being prego that isnt much of a possibility. My food now is delivered locally for free so I will talk to my guy and see if Fromm is something he can get for me then I can go with it. Now if he can, or will, get it should I switch into this directly? I am giving a ratio of 2/1 new/old now and Will probably finish up the old about the same time as the new at this rate. Should I get another bag of the avoderm and do a full switch before trying to change again or should I go back to the old for the switch? What would you recommend? Again, not sure if he can get fromm and he may hate me for asking since he didnt normally carry the avoderm already. hehe

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I am sorry - I am going through old threads and found this,

the vet suggested a hypoallergenic diet for Linus due to his chronic ear infections and itchy paws

vets always want to sell the food they have on hand, they want the kick back from the pet food CO's
But he should have realized that the yeasty ears, licking paws are BECAUSE OF ALLERGIES and Bulldogs are touchy about what is in the food and how it is made even, it is not grains that they are normally allergic to , but the meat. so try the chicken FROMM or the whitefish,(not the salmon though- bad for stones in bulldogs) and never a brand of food-- that might possibly use organ meats,)))) Fromm uses only muscle meats. bulldogs are prone to stones. chicken or white fish are the lowest in the mineral that causes stones.
also--- use the apple cider vinegar/water mix 50/50 twice a week in ears,paws,wrinkles,private areas to keep yeast from forming. it will not!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.