Benefits of Apple cider vinegar

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
ive always given it to annie,i use it neat in her ears weekly kills yeast,i take it also as it speeds up the metabo;ism so i keep my weight down lol,the problem is ,if your dog is underweight it may cause more weight loss but annie is should i say a little overweight due to me overfeeding her lol,i have started weighing her meat out now and she is not a happy bully!!!,but if her teats get any bigger i will have to invest in a bra for her lol,but yes acv is fantastic but always ensure that it has the mother written on the label as its the best quality,karen

The brand I was told to look for is Bragg and just like @karenben stated it has to have "mother" in it. If you google Bragg apple cider vinegar you will get some good information too.

Great post.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Great info thanks so much I have been using it in my bullies water for acouple months now. Thanks again for all the info.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I will have to find it at the holistic pet store. I don't believe my dogs will drink this in their water. I take it every morning..chased quickly with orange juice to kill the taste in my mouth. It does wonders. I just wonder if it will do to my dogs what it does for me? Ok..I will tell you a little something about me..who cares. I have had problems with constipation for years but.;.friends told me about all the benefits of acv when I lived in Alaska..one of the most important to me was regular bowel movemnts. I just wonder..If I give it to my dogs..will they get diarrhea if they are already very regular? Not sure I will chance messing with their bowels. hmm.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i get mine from a small health shop not holland and barrat ,when you get some make sure it has the mother written on the label,sue if you can see the hairs try pluck them out and that will help the cysts go ,if you cant find any sue let me know and i could meet you half way and give you some as we are not that far away from each other,and its only 2.20 a bottle!!,karen

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Looks like I know what I'm buying today!!! I knew it was good for a lot of things but the digestion part just got me. :). Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol yep its great for getting you going!!!calm down ladies im meaning in the toilet area he he,karen

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm glad I went through all the old stuff this is great I put ACV in their water every day an pour it on their baby wipes it works great

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sherry, thanks so much for posting this, going to add to Brutie's water.

Be well & blessed, my friend! Carol

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I put it in my guys water, about a tablespoon per gallon. Start out slow, with a tiny bit and work up in amount and they'll get used to it. When I started adding it to the water, along with changing food to TOTW Pacific Stream Zelda's allergy and yeast issues went away. This was a 4 year old bulldog who had constant problems from 5 months of age on. She had been a walking vet bill until then. After that, only really bad seasonal ones got her bad enough for a vet trip. The other 3 dogs I've had since then (almost 4 years ago) and now Zamboni as well have never had problem one health wise (knock on wood). It's too soon to tell with Zam but I'm not changing my ways unless he shows some problems with the food. His breeder feeds the same so it's the only food he's ever known and his mother and older siblings from another breeding of the same 2 dogs are all fine on it.

Actually, you can use any kind of vinegar although ACV as described above has the extra value of the nutrients found in the apples. If you're going for yeast control, your goal is to change the dog's ph balance just enough to kill the yeasty beasties and any vinegar is acidic enough to do that. If they balk at finding the "mother " particles in their water, try some without it first and work into what you want them to get.

I fyou specifically want organic, with mother, any health / natural food store should have it or be able to get it easily. It' SOP in that market and has always been

Last edited:

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I love this! Thanks!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Mickey3696

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla
I have used this for my dogs for years but I use this as a rinse after shampooing. People that have had dogs with skin problems that I have told to do this look at me like I am crazy but just after one use they think I am a genius. Clears hot spots and yeast rashes in days.

flkjr2

Nov 24, 2012
Florissant, Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
I have used this for my dogs for years but I use this as a rinse after shampooing. People that have had dogs with skin problems that I have told to do this look at me like I am crazy but just after one use they think I am a genius. Clears hot spots and yeast rashes in days.
Im gonna have to try the rinse. I bought some last week and started putting it in Z's water...thankfully he likes it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.