Benefits of Apple cider vinegar

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[h=2]Current Article[/h][h=1]Singing The Praises Of Apple Cider Vinegar[/h]By Dr.Jeannie on Jul 6, 2008 in Dog Health - Immune System, Dog Breeders Corner, Dog Heart Health, Dog Nutrition, Doggone Home & Garden Stuff, Essential Healing Helps
149527112_0b9ec8c613_m.jpg
149527113_8d62a210de_m.jpg
149527113_8d62a210de_m.jpg

[h=3]Apple Cider Vinegar[/h]Apple cider is known around the world as Mother Natureā€™s miracle medicine, a powerful weapon in the war against aging and disease that is more effective than many high-priced prescription drugs. When God created this fruit He designed it be a food and a medicine!
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is golden liquid concentrated with the healthy goodness of apples. It contains more than 30 important nutrients, 12 minerals, over 6 vitamins, essential acids and several enzymes. Moreover, it has a large dose of pectin for a healthy heart, and thus, healthy as a whole.
Many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and substances are available in ACV to improve the health of your dog. ACV can provide them with enzymes and important minerals, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, chlorine,
phosphorus, iron, silicon and other trace minerals. The vitamins contained in ACV are bioflavonoids (vitamin P), beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A), vitamin C, E, B1, B2, and B6. Tannins from the crushed cell walls of fresh apples as well as malic acid, tartaric acid, propionic acid, acetic acid and pectin (fiber) are also contained in ACV.
ACV is cheap, easy to use and it really benefits our health in numerous ways. ACV can benefit both people and their pets. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal and gives the immune system a good boost. As a high potassium electrolyte balancer, it remineralizes the body and helps normalizethe bloodā€™s alkaline acid balance.ACV is the natural king of skin remedies. It is wonderful for itching and scratching pets as well as a superb skin and hair conditioner. Good old apple cider vinegar either straight or diluted 50/50 with water can be applied directly to the affected area and allowed to dry. It will kill bacteria on hot spots, eliminate dandruff, rejuvenate hair, skin and help sweeten and balance the pH levels in the body. When giving your dpg a bath, shampoo, rinse, then apply ACV either straight or diluted, followed by rinsing with water. Notice, any residue shampoo will be washed out and you will feel and see an increased softness and sheen to the coat.
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. Put a tablespoon of ACV in your dogā€™s drinking water every day and you will no longer have those brown spots in your lawn from the dogā€™s urine.

This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Cider vinegar has been found to ..neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods. While dogs and cats do not have to worry too much about the bacteria in raw meat, if YOU are in doubt, you can pour a little Apple Cider Vinegar over thier raw meal.
Cider vinegar can also be beneficial for symptoms such as tooth decay and splitting of your dogā€™s toenails, which can be symptoms of potassium deficiency. Potassium is essential for the replacement of worn-out tissues within the body. This mineral is also important to soft tissue repair, as calcium is to the bones and teeth which makes it a wonderful supplement for senior dogs.
Tests have proven that when potassium, in the form of cider vinegar is fed to livestock their appearance improves and their stamina increases.
Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a supplement added to your petā€™s daily water supply (or poured over the food) or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat allergies, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, kidney stones, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, and stiff joints.
The supplementation of ACV has been known to naturally remove red tear stains from the inside out. It is also used by many to prevent fleas when used in a rinse for the dogā€™s coat.
Recently, Dr. Louis Ducarre of Geneva, Switzerland, author of the fairly new book,Natural Cures, Natural Life states that when mixed with honey, apple cider becomes potent enough to cure cancer, heart disease and other deadly ailments .
Natural apple cider vinegar is found in health food stores. It should be a rich amber color with the ā€œmotherā€ quite visible as sentiment on the bottom. The strength of vinegar is important. All varieties of vinegar contain about 4 to 7 percent acetic acid, with 5 percent being the most common amount. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its tart and sour taste.
There is nothing beneficial about commercial distilled vinegars except for pickling, cleaning and disinfection ā€”they have no health value!
Bragg, Paul and Linda, N.D., Ph.D., ā€œApple Cider Vinegar, Miracle Health Systemā€, Published Health Science, Santa Barbara, California
Jarvis, D.C, M.D., D.C. ā€œFolk Medicineā€, andā€œArthritis and Folk Medicineā€, Published Fawcett Publications, Inc., Greenwich, Connecticut
Puotinen, C.J., ā€œThe Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Careā€ Published Keats Publishing, Inc., New Canaan, Connecticut

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] ... do you by chance have the 'cliff notes'?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good info to know.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes very good info. i had been kicking around the idea of using it for the dogs in their water or just giving the pills. ive used it on sarah diluted and sprayed but she reacted so badly to it i stopped using it. i may start putting it on their canned food or something. great article [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] thank you. i however dont need any cliff notes:lol:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I just wish it didn't smell so bad! For me, it's like putting Italian salad dressing on everything. hahahahaha

I will tell you this tho: my mom has had dentures since she was 18 and in the last five years, she's battled some kind of issue in her mouth like the "Flush" that babies get. Impossible to kill and keeps reoccuring. A zillion meds later - lots of suffering - and her new denture doctor says simply: "Soak your teeth overnight in ACV." Cured. No kidding. CURED. And, ACV is a natural cleaner for dentures too; removing plaque and anything else with ease.

Good info [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] !

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I just wish it didn't smell so bad! For me, it's like putting Italian salad dressing on everything. hahahahaha

I will tell you this tho: my mom has had dentures since she was 18 and in the last five years, she's battled some kind of issue in her mouth like the "Flush" that babies get. Impossible to kill and keeps reoccuring. A zillion meds later - lots of suffering - and her new denture doctor says simply: "Soak your teeth overnight in ACV." Cured. No kidding. CURED. And, ACV is a natural cleaner for dentures too; removing plaque and anything else with ease.

Good info [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] !

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
ive always given it to annie,i use it neat in her ears weekly kills yeast,i take it also as it speeds up the metabo;ism so i keep my weight down lol,the problem is ,if your dog is underweight it may cause more weight loss but annie is should i say a little overweight due to me overfeeding her lol,i have started weighing her meat out now and she is not a happy bully!!!,but if her teats get any bigger i will have to invest in a bra for her lol,but yes acv is fantastic but always ensure that it has the mother written on the label as its the best quality,karen

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I was at a local Mom & Pop Pet Supply store today buying a small bag of
a new kibble im going to try . And I remembered this thread.
I asked the owner about using Apple Cider and she totally agreed with all the benefits we are describing here. However, she said to only buy the Organic type found at Whole Food stores. She said the correct apple cider vinegar to use will appear cloudy , and Do not use the one that is readily available at your local grocers.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
@ karenben whereabouts do you get it in the uk , Dexter has some some ingrown hairs causing cysts, I beleive it's good for them ?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.