Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Our dog won't eat :(

Real Name
    Kayla Brandon-Lambright
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
    Likes (Received)

Update! So, last night we tried the wet food over the dry and he did NOT want anything to do with that (Haha) so then I got the bright idea.. I cooked up some chicken breast, and mixed it with the Wellness. Lo & behold! He ate the whole plate! So then this morning, I scrambled some eggs and mixed it in with the Wellness. Once again, he ate it! I'm gonna SLOWLY use this and hopefully he eats only the Wellness food.

The picture I took this morning, food is everywhere, and he was moving so it's blurry, but the food is eaten. I'm a happy mommy

Love,
    Kayla & Kutter

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help! Our dog won't eat :(

Quote Originally Posted by KuttersMommy View Post
    Update! So, last night we tried the wet food over the dry and he did NOT want anything to do with that (Haha) so then I got the bright idea.. I cooked up some chicken breast, and mixed it with the Wellness. Lo & behold! He ate the whole plate! So then this morning, I scrambled some eggs and mixed it in with the Wellness. Once again, he ate it! I'm gonna SLOWLY use this and hopefully he eats only the Wellness food.

The picture I took this morning, food is everywhere, and he was moving so it's blurry, but the food is eaten. I'm a happy mommy

Love,
    Kayla & Kutter
    Did you mix the old food with the new food, or just do a hard switch?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you have solved this problem already. If he tires or you tire of cooking for him, try adding in some canned pumpkin or yogurt or cottage cheese also, just little bits here and there. Make sure you do a slow switch or you will have a mess to deal with, unless you plan on cooking for him every meal. I think @desertskybulldogs did the transition to new food using chicken and rice as her base food since she ran out of the previous and had to do a hard switch. This will get him off the food fast and his tummy will still be settled.

Real Name
    Kayla Brandon-Lambright
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
    Likes (Received)

The thing is.. For Kutter, there is no hard switch or slow switch. He didn't eat ANYTHING consistently. It was just feed him whatever dog food he would eat whenever he wanted to eat it. I'm the only one that wanted him to eat good food, and to eat on a food schedule. He seems to be doing well though. I will keep y'all posted

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh it will take time but so worth getting them on good food and a schedule for eating. good for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads