OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Well if I'm reading this correct you went from regular nvi to limited ingredient nvi which is going from lots of protein n fat from meat to much lower protein n fat n a lot less meat n other things. The nvi Li is some meat tapioca n canola oil. Would probably account for the different stool amounts. Their body adjusting to the different food. As for the hard stools u have been given lots of good ideas but more water in the bowels is the idea. I give canned food which has more water content then dry to help with stools. Good luck
Do think i should go back to the regular? I really don't know. The only reason why i switched from the turkey is because its poultry and I have a feeling he's allergic to chicken. Every flavor has chicken fat in it, except salmon which has pork.....:cry: I'm sooo confused. On a good note, he had some nice poops tonight

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=322]AshleyWoodman[/MENTION] Well no you don't have to switch back necessarily I was just saying why his poop may have changed to being more of it. If he is having good poo then keep with it. I am more wondering what is causing the yeast in the ears. Food can cause that or could be environment.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Do you think its the Interceptor I gave him on Tuesday? I wiped his ears with a chlorahexidine wipe and they've cleared up. They're still a little red, but not crusty or smelly (unless you put your nose right in there)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=322]AshleyWoodman[/MENTION] Not if you have used it all along and so fast wouldn't think so. Might be the air its bad now Sarah just getting over an ear problem now. If he keeps getting them might have to look at food as possibility. Have you thought about allergy testing cause that can save a lot of what if. Wish I had done Sarah a long time ago. Glad its clearing up

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
OMG I can't believe there's a poop thread I haven't got in on!

NVI Lamb caused mega soft serve here. Spatula required to bag it. I don't think I was overfeeding either.
Still playing the food game here.....

*sad saxaphone music*

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus doesn't get up until 3:00-3:30PM and he eats than and also at 9:00PM before bed, but he has never had a POOP problem with NVI LID Lamb. He eats it, likes it, and also gets TOTW Duck and loves that too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.