Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: :poo: Problems :( Need Help ( Nature's Variety Instinct )

Default Re: :poo: Problems :( Need Help ( Nature's Variety Instinct )

just bought the NVI Salmon Meal Formula, going to feed 1/2 cup 2 times a day..Hopefully all goes well in a few weeks, will try giving her an ice cube in a bit as well

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    just bought the NVI Salmon Meal Formula, going to feed 1/2 cup 2 times a day..Hopefully all goes well in a few weeks, will try giving her an ice cube in a bit as well
    If she looks like she is losing weight, increase it. Not sure if that is enough for a young puppy but it has been a couple years since I had a pup, I think I was giving 1/2 c 3x a day. I slowly increased the amount as they got older, about 3 c a day, then decreased it to 2 c a day at around a year.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I'm not certain a cup a day is enough for a 10 week old pup! They are growing so much during this period. In my opinion!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Another thing to consider with runny poos and a puppy is to make sure they do not have worms or coccidia. Make sure you deworm to be certain, and have the vet check a stool sample as well. Just because you don't see worms in the poo does not mean there is not any. After I got one of my pups she was dewormed at the vet and the next day her poo was almost solid dead worms!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    If she looks like she is losing weight, increase it. Not sure if that is enough for a young puppy but it has been a couple years since I had a pup, I think I was giving 1/2 c 3x a day. I slowly increased the amount as they got older, about 3 c a day, then decreased it to 2 c a day at around a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I'm not certain a cup a day is enough for a 10 week old pup! They are growing so much during this period. In my opinion!

You are both correct!

It's always recommended to follow the feed guide of the food manufacturer. I linked the NVI feed guide in my post above. Wait... did I? I don't see it...

Okay, here it is: Feeding Guide | Nature's Variety

I ran through the guide and NVI for 10 lb puppies less than half grown (I interpret that to mean less than half the weight of his parents) is 1 5/8 cups. A tad bit over 1.5 cups. And for 15 lbs less then half grown is 2 1/8 cups.

So, yeah, just run through the guide and see what is appropriate for you particular dog.
    Last edited by anatess; 10-27-2011 at 01:37 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    You are both correct!

It's always recommended to follow the feed guide of the food manufacturer. I linked the NVI feed guide in my post above. Wait... did I? I don't see it...

Okay, here it is: Feeding Guide | Nature's Variety

I ran through the guide and NVI for 10 lb puppies less than half grown (I interpret that to mean less than half the weight of his parents) is 1 5/8 cups. A tad bit over 1.5 cups. And for 15 lbs less then half grown is 2 1/8 cups.

So, yeah, just run through the guide and see what is appropriate for you particular dog.

According to the Feeding Guide on Natures Variety my puppy should be eating close to 1 Cup a day..

3/4 of a Cup or 7/8 of a Cup somewhere around there

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    According to the Feeding Guide on Natures Variety my puppy should be eating close to 1 Cup a day..

3/4 of a Cup or 7/8 of a Cup somewhere around there
    Make sure you selected the one that says "puppies less than half grown" in the drop-down box towards the end...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

... and I have to tell you to be careful about the ice cubes. Just a minute ago, I almost cracked my skull on the kitchen counter after I slid off a broken piece of slobbery ice cube on the kitchen floor...

checking back in, so its been almost a month now, she seems to be doing great on NVI Salmon, shes about 13-14 weeks old now and weighing about 14 Pounds. Her poop is looking a lot better now! I got confused with the Feeding chart, i guess i never saw the option where it lets you choose how old your puppy is so i have been feeding her exactly 1 Cup a day. At first i was told this was enough since NVI Salmon is strong food and she wouldn't need too much, then after checking on here again a lot of people are saying to feed her at least 1.5 Cups! So im going to start giving her more then.. Hope all goes well, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

anymore advice is appreciated

pics!!

Last edited by EBDR35; 11-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads