Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: :poo: Problems :( Need Help ( Nature's Variety Instinct )

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: :poo: Problems :( Need Help ( Nature's Variety Instinct )

Well you have gotten many great answers as far as food so I wont add to it BUT in the meantime if you wanna add in pumpkin to help a little it would be ok. BUT being 10 weeks old I wouldnt give very much and maybe being so small would be too early to give? I wouldnt think so tho. For full grown pups it is like a spoonful a day so for her little tummy I would think just a tiny bit of it would help firm her up maybe? It is good for them but overdoing it can cause too firm a so something to think about there too. lol. Welcome to the world of owning a bully. My boy is almost 6 and we are still always looking for the better food. haha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

If she is okay with the natural balance sweet potato treats then maybe try the natural balance food. My baby has been fed natural balance alpha dog: trout salmon meal and whitefish since she started eating dog food. It's made for all stages so puppies and adults get what they need from it.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I can only add one thing, Stainless Steel bowls work best due to bulldogs sensitive skin, one day you may find yourself asking why does my bulldog have sores on his/her chin or face. Probably from plastic dish's.

Good job showing us how you feed @EBDR35 aaaahhhh one more thing. Pictures of the little Angel........

Thanks
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    @EBDR35 .......... I agree with you that NVI Salmon is a good food for dogs.... puppies aren't dogs.. LOL... Im wondering if it isn't too 'strong' for your baby's puppy tummy. 10 weeks old is still an infant so to speak. Maybe a food made for puppies would be better for her. A cup is somewhere around 235ml I think. It also sounds like the treats may be adding to the problem. Good luck with it.. and btw... we need PIX!!!!!!!
    Great Point, i figured since NVI is supposed to be 6 Stars and very Healthy that it would be just fine for Puppies, but you have a point it could be to strong. I will switch over back to puppy Food after this Bag since it is almost over, Maybe go back to Wellness for Puppies, What other Grain-Free Puppy food would you guys recommend? I might look into Natural Balance as well or Blue Wilderness, finding the right food is so difficult.

I read that grain free is the best so that is mainly what i look for, i have also read that english bulldogs can be allergic to Chicken, so i also try to look for food without any chicken, which is another reason why i went to NVI Salmon..

I will stop giving treats for now to see if that could be the problem, she was doing Ok with Sweet Potatos & Venison but im not sure about Brown Rice & Lamb Meal

Also im going to buy a stainless steel plate now, thanks for the tip!

some pics

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    Here is the size of the measuring cup im using, are they all the same? ( this is 1 cup )

and here's how it looks once added to her bowl

really seems like so much, but is that right? 1 cup (235ML)
    dont mean to but in and i hope you dont take this the wrong way but i see the food is in plastic feeding bowl,plastic is a no no for bullys ,feed out of ceramic or stainless steel to avoid that dreaded spotty chin,hope your not offended,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

lol ignore my previous post re feeding bowls,missed the previous posts,didnt have my glasses on ,couldnt find them cos i was sitting on them!!!,karen

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I can only add one thing, Stainless Steel bowls work best due to bulldogs sensitive skin, one day you may find yourself asking why does my bulldog have sores on his/her chin or face. Probably from plastic dish's.

Good job showing us how you feed @EBDR35 aaaahhhh one more thing. Pictures of the little Angel........

Thanks
    Great point @Sherry. And wash them after each feeding in super hot water.

And yes: PICTURES PLEASE! I want to see this little angel with my own two optical nerves!

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    lol ignore my previous post re feeding bowls,missed the previous posts,didnt have my glasses on ,couldnt find them cos i was sitting on them!!!,karen
    Awww it's ok @karenben - you, me and Sherry are sharing the same bwain this morning. *chants* Stainless steel...stainless steel...stainless steel...soap and hot water...soap and hot water....soap and hot water.....OK. That was over the top.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

lol x

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She's BEAUTIFUL!

Please please watch her closely when she's eating rawhide! For my two, its absolutely a choking hazzard. We just met you and your sweet angel....we want to keep you for awhile!

Thanks guys for all the tips, i went ahead and bought here a Stainless steel bowl today! she runs out of NVI tomorrow, what puppy food would you guys recommend? Grain Free

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@EBDR35 ok fromm has 2 grain free foods which say they are all life stages. now makes a grain free food just for puppies which is the company that i use for my pets. orijen has a grain free puppy food and they are an excellent company as well. canidae makes a grain free called elements and is all life stages it says. natural balance has grain free that is als also but i do like the alpha line better as it has more protein and meat in it. well thats enough to get you started good luck.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 10-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads