How much fromm food for Miila?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She is a year old so still needs a little extra I think being so young am I right? She weighs 35 pounds and it a very petite pup but needs to fill out a bit so I need to figure out how much she needs vs the other 2? Cutty has gained since having her here since I havent been able to figure out the right amounts. Cutty weighs 57 pounds but should be more like 52. Being 6 almost he should be eating hoe much vs her? And of course Mugsy is 25 pounds or so and 5 so where should he be? They are all scarfing food now that Miila is here since they are going back to eat or starve mentality. Help? I need to cut Cutty back and make sure she is fed enough. This is a hard adjustment for me.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When eating Fromm I had Samson on 3/4 cup twice a day, so 1.5 cups a day. Doesn't sound like alot but when I had him on 2 cups a day he started gaining weight. I think Mila would be safe at one cup a day but once she gets to 2 years old I would say you should scale her back to 1.5 cups a day. Like Mugsy, Loki is 25 lbs and I feed her 3/4-1 cup a day. Again I know it doesn't sound like much but when I was feeding her more she turned into a little sausage so I had to scale her back.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Miss Piggy Butt HRH gets 1 cup, twice a day. She has been gaining a bit lately so we need to cut her back to 3/4 cup x2 to get her back to 40#... she was 43 last week.

I think 1 cup x2 a day would be fine for Miila. Just send Cutty here and we will figure it out when he gets here. :p

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say like everyone else has said, give Miila 1 cuo twice a day until she gains a little weight and then cut her back to 3/4 cup twice a day. We feed our girls 3/4 cup twice a day and Buddy we try to give him 1.5 cups twice a day, but he doesn't always eat it all. He's pretty picky.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
At a year old I cut Vegas back to one cup twice daily, he is now 2 and a half and has maintained his 63lbs. for over a year and a half, only once did we go to the vet we got down to 61. I feed NVI but I think it would be the same.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks you guys! So then Mugsy who is 25 pounds should be at just maybe 1/2 cup 2x a day then? Going to be a challenge keeping their faces in their own bowls.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
thanks you guys! So then Mugsy who is 25 pounds should be at just maybe 1/2 cup 2x a day then? Going to be a challenge keeping their faces in their own bowls.

I think you'd be safe with that. If he starts looking like a little sausage like Loki did when I was feeding her that much I'd consider cutting him back to 3/4 cup a day.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Hey it sounds to me like everyone here has their bullies on the South Beach Diet....

Im giving Jack 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups at nite.
Of course, he's been having trouble lately squeezing out from the back door. I've been meaning to get that door remodeled anyways... I thinking of double french doors...

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey it sounds to me like everyone here has their bullies on the South Beach Diet....

Of course, he's been having trouble lately squeezing out from the back door. I've been meaning to get that door remodeled anyways... I thinking of double french doors...

lol but which food do you feed? The fromm has more calories than others. This is so hard I have never measured food in my life! This morning I had 3 measuring cups out, 1 for each. Turns out by the looks f it I was giving about this much already. BUT Cutty needs to lose so hopefulyl measuring will help there. Otherwise he WILL be on the south beach diet. :lol:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION], LMAO!!!! I do give him treats throughout the day with his one cup in the morning and one cup at night, fruits, veggies, yogurt, so he is not on a diet, oh,... and I might sneak him a little of my food now and then :ashamed:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie is ideal at 34 - 35lbs. She is on the Fromm 4* and has 3/4 cup twice a day. If we give her more she starts to look a bit podgy!!!

The vet is already concerned about some slight movement in the knees of both her back legs so we are really careful to keep her as trim as she can be!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.