Natures variety testimonials and ingriedents

occfan

Oct 3, 2011
Downingtown PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella 8 months old
what formula you have? how long has your bully been on it? and do they have allergies?

im finding this brand hard to believe considering its suppose to help with allergies but im lookn at some of these ingriedents i mean is all that good for a dog with allergies?

if people swear by this than i will try it..

tapioca? pumpkinseeds? and all the freeze dried at the bottom

Rabbit Meal, Salmon Meal, Tapioca, Chicken Fat, Tomato Pomace, Pumpkinseeds, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Montmorillonite Clay, Natural Pork Flavor, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Carotene, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide), Sea Salt, Dried Kelp, Peas, Cranberries, Blueberries, Direct-Fed Microorganisms (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast Culture, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract), Inulin, Mixed Tocopherols with Citric Acid (a natural preservative), Rosemary Extract, Freeze Dried Rabbit, Freeze Dried Pork Liver, Freeze Dried Pork Heart, Freeze Dried Ground Rabbit Bone.

i am lookin at natures variety and natural balance lamb and rice.. this is there ing list

watcha think?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Rice Bran, Canola Oil, Lamb, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I can't help with this one. Ruckus did not do well on the Instinct Beef, or the Salmon and we gave up after that. We are now almost fully transitioned to Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Salmon.

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
Oh the life of a bullie parent! Doughnut is doing amazing on instinct Salmon and I supplement it with coconut oil. He cannot have and poultry, beef or potato and this has worked best.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Here's a review on both of those:
Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient: Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet | Review and Rating

Natural Balance: Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food | Review and Rating

Nature's Variety ranks higher than Natural Balance because the first ingredient in NV is lamb meal (more protein) while NB's first ingredient is sweet potato (more carbs). Protein always win out over carbs in dog food analysis.

You might want to just do searches in Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings to get an idea of the basic quality of all these dog foods (just to eliminate the really bad ones like Puppy Chow or something) because your dog is quite the special case with the allergy problems you've been having, and so most everybody on EBN would have different experiences than you. It would be very misleading to take a few EBN bulldog owners opinions on dog food and make this your basis for it working for your dog. For instance, my dogs, as well as several others on EBN, are on Blue Wilderness and they're doing excellent on it even with the allergy issues... and as you can see, Blue Wilderness doesn't work for your dog. Make sense?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
NVI Salmon seems to be Moe's fav and it agrees with his tummy... he has had loose stool problems with many other brands, especially those with chicken.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
NVI Salmon seems to be Moe's fav and it agrees with his tummy... he has had loose stool problems with many other brands, especially those with chicken.

And here, anything "chicken" (and now, I'm learning, any kind of poultry) produces nuclear-war style gas. Clear a room. Serious. It's brutal.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
We are currently transitioning to nvi salmon. Chaos has just been stinky for lack of better words and i think the cause of all his skin issues are allergy related. He loves salmon so after [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] success we figure we will give it a whirl......

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.