Fromm 4 Star for puppy...?

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Will be bringing a new English bulldog puppy home on December 4th (Yay!). Have been investigating quality foods and Fromm sounds like a good candidate with its ingredients and reasonable protein levels. They advertise their four-star foods as being all-life stages. Has anyone used 4star with puppies? Does anyone have advice on whether or not this is advisable? My local pet shop doesn't have the puppy formula or I would use that... Thanks in advance.

Charlie :yes:

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
alot of members have used the 4 star formulas with puppies and have had awesome results. Chaos started out on 4 star but he wasnt gaining weight like he should, so I put him on the fromm puppy gold and he thrived on it. I ordered from petflow. And CONGRATS on the pup!!! We will need lots of pics!!!

Dieselbaby

Sep 1, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Will be bringing a new English bulldog puppy home on December 4th (Yay!). Have been investigating quality foods and Fromm sounds like a good candidate with its ingredients and reasonable protein levels. They advertise their four-star foods as being all-life stages. Has anyone used 4star with puppies? Does anyone have advice on whether or not this is advisable? My local pet shop doesn't have the puppy formula or I would use that... Thanks in advance.

Charlie :yes:

Welcome and congrats on your future new bully!!
I have used Fromm before and I love it.. I don't know if you have tried this but if you go to Fromm's website there is a spot where it shows you all the surrounding retailers in your area that provide Fromm.. Can't wait to see some pics of your new pup!! :D

OP
C

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Thanks guys! Pet flow looks great. Esp with the free shipping. Will post pics as soon as I get him home. If you want to see him now, it's nebraskapanhandlebulldogs.com "Astro" he's the red and white (mostly red) male. Only about a week old so 7 more to go before he's ready to come home!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and so excited for you and your new pup. We feed our bullies FROMM 4 star, and our pups on the FROMM puppy gold, until they are about 7 to 8 months old then change over to the adult. So send pics of your little guy when you bring him home.

OP
C

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Just realized that I posted this in the wrong spot. Sorry all and thanks for being patient...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We put Daddy on the Fromm 4* ... transitioned him slowly off the stuff we got from the rescue. We only put him on Fromm because we were already getting it for Maggie.

Daddy was 9 weeks when we got him and has done VERY well on it!!!

MedicCoop

Feb 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
We just started Roxie on the Fromm Beef Fritata because of all the rave reviews on here and she is 10 weeks and 12 pounds. We are currently feeding her 3/4 cup x 2 per day. Does this seem about right?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just started Roxie on the Fromm Beef Fritata because of all the rave reviews on here and she is 10 weeks and 12 pounds. We are currently feeding her 3/4 cup x 2 per day. Does this seem about right?

Yes.. just don't go above two cups a day

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Don't we want to gradually increase her to above 2 cups a day?

Yes... sorry should have been more clear -- work up to two cups a day and if someone is home you can spread it over three meals while she is young.

atxbullygirl

Feb 24, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
I think we are going to switch Baxter to Fromms. He is 6 months and 47 pounds. What would be the proper amount to feed him? He currently gets 2 cuos of food at breakfast and dinner for a total of 4 cups per day.

tomolson24

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernice
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Forum, but have been reading a bunch of posts on here and finally set up my account! I am a new bulldog ownwer, and my Baby is 5 months old! I just transitioned her off of RC bulldog puppy food (heard nothing but poor things) and her stool was still runny. We are now in the midst of transitioning her from RC to Fromm 4 star grain free. One, is that ok to have a puppy on ( I know it is an all ages food) and two, since its not technically a "puppy food" how much should I be feeding her per day! I look forward to hearing from you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online