Did someone here have a recipie for homemade dog snacks?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
My daughter Jenna - 14 - is the baker in the family, and she wanted to bake some dog snacks. I thought there was a recipe posted here one time, but I could be wrong. Does anyone have one?? Thank you!! :bully:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
There was a recipe I think I saved hold on. In the meantime here is a link to some that I have also saved but never tried. http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/pets/ Also try http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/dog-treats it is a regular recipe site I use all the time but you can find great things like homemade cleaning products, dog cookies etc on here since everyone is able to post their own recipes.

Here is one for doggy muffins I saved. Sorry for the letters missing not sure hwo that happened but you can still figure out what it says.

Oven preheat at 350
1 and 3/4 cups wheat flour
1 cup skim =ilk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup veggie oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 =easpoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda

blend till smooth .. =hen for two minutes...fill muffin cups 3/4 full bake 18 to 20 minutes They are =one when toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.... .and let the little pups =njoy!!!!! i hope you all try it and love it.. i will send pics of piggy eating hers =nce they cool!!!

Here is one for pawshake cake. hehe

Pawshake Cake (from the 3 Dog Bakery Cookbook)

2 cups whole =heat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup unsalted =eanut butter
1 large egg
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup shopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8- or 9-inch =ound cake pans with nonstick vegetable spray and dust with flour.

Stir =ogether flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, cream =ogether the honey and peanut butter with an electric mixer or wooden spoon. Beat =n the egg and milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix =ntil smooth.

Pour batter into the cake pans. Sprinkle top of batter =ith the peanuts. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the =enter of the cakes comes out clean.

Cool to room temperature before =licing and serving.

Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or wrap =ell and freeze for up to 2 months.

Can be served with =rosting

One 8-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, softened.
3 Tablespoons carob powder
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a =owl and beat until smooth.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online