Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Given my recent bout with Jack's surgery I was left wondering how many of us are covered for accidents and Illnesses and how many Bite the Bullet (as I did)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Lol! My insurance is just insurance! Not preventative..but will cover accidents and even hereditary problems. I also got the optional hip dysplaysia coverage. Have you looked into Carecredit..as a great backup to insurance or even instead of...

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
CareCredit....
Is that an Interest free credit account that is solely for Medical usage.?
YUP. I applied for it while at the Vet .... thanks

I want to get Insurance to help me pay for future mishaps and or Illnesses.......

Becky, may I ask how much you pay monthly for the coverage you have..?

Silly me, I already asked....!:p

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have insurance on both my pups. I had VPI and their pay out on major medical is a joke (you can search for my posts about my experience-I link it for you but I'm on a silly Itouch right now). I switched to GoPetPlan and it costs a bit more bit nearly everything is covered, including theft or death. I just submittied two claims for each pup for the allegery testing I elected to have done solely for my own reference and they covered it all at 80 percent (the coverage I choose). It all got applied to each pup's deductible (each test was $195). They were incredibly prompt on the claim handling, including their response time unlike VPI was. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Mine covers for everything except for the maintenance stuff, such vaccinations and heartworm testing.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have VPI (have for the past 5 years) and I personally have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I have him on the major medical and their routine care rider. Honestly, over the past 5 years they have paid me more for my claims than I ever paid in premiums so I have nothing to complain about LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I bite the bullet, and I am blessed with a very healthy boy so far. I need to check into ins. for him too.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
CareCredit.... Is that an Interest free credit account that is solely for Medical usage.? YUP. I applied for it while at the Vet .... thanksI want to get Insurance to help me pay for future mishaps and or Illnesses....... Becky, may I ask how much you pay monthly for the coverage you have..? Silly me, I already asked....!:p
Sure! No secrets here! I pay $35 per month..including hip dysplasia coverage..I did elect to get a deductible of $500.. I have Trupanion and I did tons of research..but I did hear they recently raised their rates..and yes you are correct what carecredit is! It's wonderful ....

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ions.html?highlight=insurance+recommendations

Here's a link to a great thread from earlier..lots of info.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I never would have thought of insurance back when we got the boys and thankfully they both are very healthy! (knock on wood) Being almost 6 now, I dont see much point in insurance for Cutty but what do I know? lol

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Well just signed up for PetPlan .....

I cant risk this again....
every time we take our clothes out of the dryer and realize a sock is missing
I immediately run to where Jack is just to make sure he's not having another "snack" ...:eek:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Well just signed up for PetPlan .....

I cant risk this again....
every time we take our clothes out of the dryer and realize a sock is missing
I immediately run to where Jack is just to make sure he's not having another "snack" ...:eek:

You should check your baseboards to see if there's any 'remodelling'. They seem too tasty for a lot of our bullies to resist ... including my Stig. :blink: :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.