THE FURMINATOR... worth the money or not?

THE FURMINATOR... worth the money or not?

• YES!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • It's alright...

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I think it's geared more for med to long haired dogs. I barely pick up any hair on my dogs with my Furminator. They rather be brushed with a soft flexible rubber one but that is mostly massaging their skin and not really removing any loose hair. To get rid of loose hair I just bathe them and blow dry. On the other hand, I got one for my cats and it's great. My cats love to be groomed with it.

Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
a lot of bulldog owners swear by it here in the uk,i dont use one ,if over used your bulldog will be bald:lol:karen

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
At the bully meet up we went to they did a grooming demonstration. The girl recommended the furminator. We found one on sale at TJmaxx and bought it. It does seem to pull out the undercoat thats shedding around the ruff of the neck and traps it in the teeth pretty well. I have to stop and pull it off a lot when I'm using it. But I do like that then the hair is not floating in piles all around us like with the rubber brushes we have.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have never heard of the furminator but I'm assuming it's some kind of grooming brush??? :whatsthat?:

We are currently using the method mentioned by [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] .. however we've modified it slightly by taking them on trips in the car allowing them to leave it all over the passenger side car seat for the next person to get in to then sit on, pick up and take away with them! :laugh:

L

Lucy-licious

I too like to use the car method...and have found that a very effective way of removing the hairs from my passanger seat is to offer collegues a lift home :lol:

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]....I completely agree with that method! Sadly, my sheets have been added to that list too and have to be washed almost every day :p

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I had bought one or our lab and it's great! I started usin it on lex and he loves how the teeth feel on his back guess like it's massaging him! I get lots of hair off both the boys I swear by it!! When i start on Bo, lex comes up like ooo ooo it's my turn, I'll start on him, Bo walks off comes back a few mins later saying ooo ooo my turn! They love it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.