Do you leave the light on for your dog at bedtime, if he/she doesn't sleep in your bedroom?

Do you leave a light on for your dog at bedtime?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
No we never did, HRH sleeps in our room now, but at the beginning she didn't, but she didn't seem to mind the dark. We have enough light coming in from street lights or the moon that it's never really pitch black in the house. There is a night light in the bathroom, but HRH wouldn't know that. she wouldn't ever go in or past if not forced to.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
No. He sleeps in his crate downstairs and I noticed when the light is on he moves around a lot more like he cant get comfy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We have an open floor plan and he sleeps in his crate right outside our bedroom door, I leave the little light above the kitchen sink on, more for me than Vegas. I get up in the middle of the night at times to get a bottle of water.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We always have a light on in the kitchen, for us or them. Plus I do not sleep in the dark either, I HAVE to have the tv on so we are never in the dark. lol. Even when we leave and dont come home till late we turn on assorted lights for them throughout the house just in case. Used to leave the tv on for them until we got a flat screen and hubby saw that it only has so many hours of life. haha

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola won't settle down or stop complaining until the light goes off. I've been reading the same novel since we got her 2 months ago!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Not when we are all in bed, but tend to leave a light on for him when we leave the house at night. He sleeps in the dining room. We tried having him sleep in our room, but his snoring is so bad that I couldn't sleep, so we kicked him out!:p

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie sleeps with us and I can't sleep with any kind of light on ... including a TV .. so it's total darkness. Daddy still sleeps in his cage downstairs and he gets total darkness too.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig sleeps with us now but when he was sleeping in his crate, we left one light on. I'm also scared of the dark thus always have either a light or the tv on :blush2:. But after reading a couple of the posts I'm thinking that maybe that's why he gets up numerous times and is such a restless sleeper.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Yes. I have a night light on. They have thier own room where they all sleep at night. The door is closed and the night light is on, soft blue glow....the radio is on very low and plays classical music all night. Spoiled? Hum, never considered that. Nah...I'm sure it is not:hahaha:
Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.