Poll: Do you leave a light on for your dog at bedtime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you leave the light on for your dog at bedtime, if he/she doesn't sleep in your bedroom?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Do you leave the light on for your dog at bedtime, if he/she doesn't sleep in your bedroom?

I know they say dogs can see in the dark.. so I'm going to stop leaving a light on for Katie, I suppose. Just curious as to what you all do for yours!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Do you leave the light on for your dog at bedtime, if he/she doesn't sleep in your bedroom?

No, because Miss Mocha sleeps in bed with us
    LisaMarie

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Do you leave the light on for your dog at bedtime, if he/she doesn't sleep in your bedroom?

No we never did, HRH sleeps in our room now, but at the beginning she didn't, but she didn't seem to mind the dark. We have enough light coming in from street lights or the moon that it's never really pitch black in the house. There is a night light in the bathroom, but HRH wouldn't know that. she wouldn't ever go in or past if not forced to.

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

No. He sleeps in his crate downstairs and I noticed when the light is on he moves around a lot more like he cant get comfy.
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

We have an open floor plan and he sleeps in his crate right outside our bedroom door, I leave the little light above the kitchen sink on, more for me than Vegas. I get up in the middle of the night at times to get a bottle of water.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

lol ,never left the light on for my kids let alone a dog,though she does have a bedside cabinet and lamp if she wants a read before sleep,karen

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

We always have a light on in the kitchen, for us or them. Plus I do not sleep in the dark either, I HAVE to have the tv on so we are never in the dark. lol. Even when we leave and dont come home till late we turn on assorted lights for them throughout the house just in case. Used to leave the tv on for them until we got a flat screen and hubby saw that it only has so many hours of life. haha

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    No, because Miss Mocha sleeps in bed with us
    Same here

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Lola won't settle down or stop complaining until the light goes off. I've been reading the same novel since we got her 2 months ago!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    Lola won't settle down or stop complaining until the light goes off. I've been reading the same novel since we got her 2 months ago!
    Lol that is funny!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Not when we are all in bed, but tend to leave a light on for him when we leave the house at night. He sleeps in the dining room. We tried having him sleep in our room, but his snoring is so bad that I couldn't sleep, so we kicked him out!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Maggie sleeps with us and I can't sleep with any kind of light on ... including a TV .. so it's total darkness. Daddy still sleeps in his cage downstairs and he gets total darkness too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads